Virginia Tech Postgame

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It was a miserable game to watch, but the tailgate before was awesome. The drive home to Augusta wasn't all that bad. I guess I am just numb at this point in the season...

I thought Yates did well in his limited time considering, but I am hardly ready to anoint him the starter, much less the savior of the program.

Our OL officially hit dumpster fire status today. We could not block their DL at all.

I am still willing to give CGC a couple of years (not like I have a choice) but that opening play delay of game is absolutely horrid coaching. That's the single most scripted play in the game so there was no reason we shouldn't have gotten the snap off in time.

Sat in club level today thanks to a friend of mine. The free beer helps when watching a game like this.

We still have a chance to win this Thursday. I doubt we score a point against the mutts.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It was a miserable game to watch, but the tailgate before was awesome. The drive home to Augusta wasn't all that bad. I guess I am just numb at this point in the season...

I thought Yates did well in his limited time considering, but I am hardly ready to anoint him the starter, much less the savior of the program.

Our OL officially hit dumpster fire status today. We could not block their DL at all.

I am still willing to give CGC a couple of years (not like I have a choice) but that opening play delay of game is absolutely horrid coaching. That's the single most scripted play in the game so there was no reason we shouldn't have gotten the snap off in time.

Sat in club level today thanks to a friend of mine. The free beer helps when watching a game like this.

We still have a chance to win this Thursday. I doubt we score a point against the mutts.

Damn, how did they manage to find eligibility for Luther Maddy on such short notice. To be fair, there were times in the past when we could not block him or Chancellor or that other dude they had at defensive tackle but those Hokie teams were a good bit better than this one. This is a pretty good Virginia Tech team but I don't know that they can beat UVA for the 16th time in a row or whatever it is. Should be a good game and might determine the Coastal Division crown.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
At this point, I have to confess I am weary of hearing the word "juice" used in connection with our football team. I feel as if we were promised the juice on the left but received the juice on the right...
magic-juice-by-elk-valley-brewing-co.jpg
c21362ed-a680-494c-84b4-9978d75b8c7f_1.84ae49fe9347864a8d8be34718e2382e.jpeg

I still have confidence in CGC, I am just tired of hearing the word juice...

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
If CGC does this are you happy ?

1 9 1
1 10 0
6 5
3 8
5 5 1
6 4 1
9 2 1
5 5 1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This game is no different than any other. Until we can block and get off blocks we will lose. Score doesn’t matter. Recruiting is all that matters at this point because we have to bring in bigger/faster human beings. Collins can’t say what is obvious but we are going to see so much turnover over the next year and a half that it’s going to be crazy to keep up. No matter who we hired this year was gonna suck because no one can win without a QB and an OLine. It’s going to be fun watching this transformation.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Still had an overall winning record......something your new hero won't have for a very long time, if ever ......your constant apologizing for him is doing a big diservice to your credibility.

We get it. You have proven you want GT to lose and that you care more about a guy who quit when he saw the handwriting on the wall than you care about GT.

But chin up - your dawgs won today.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This game is no different than any other. Until we can block and get off blocks we will lose. Score doesn’t matter. Recruiting is all that matters at this point because we have to bring in bigger/faster human beings. Collins can’t say what is obvious but we are going to see so much turnover over the next year and a half that it’s going to be crazy to keep up. No matter who we hired this year was gonna suck because no one can win without a QB and an OLine. It’s going to be fun watching this transformation.
Your idea of fun is not the same as my idea. But it does look like you are going to have a lot of fun for a long time.