Virginia Tech Postgame

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The bottom line of this season is that it was all hyped, and quote, " a total change." But the narrative fell apart with the Citadel game. We found out that we made little preparation for the offense because of some disdain for an FCS team and a weird belief that the flex just doesn't work. CPJ's revenge. Some how we beat Miami but fact is we are digressing. This staff is so hell bent on being an non running team and as such we are now 3 and out. Next year will be worse because it seems that our coastal brethren are getting better and our schedule is tough. Any O-linemen coming in will all be freshmen. And if we keep this failure of an offensive scheme, whatever the hell it is.....well we could go winless.

This. All hype. And an empty or emptier, stadium.

Look at Pruitt. He said “we will focus on basics and play SEC style football. We will win with schemes proven to win games in this conference.”

Geoff: “Greatest transformation in the history of earth. Dancing. MoneyDown. Gimmick of the day.”

I don't believe this for a second. If you do, you're not paying attention.

I am not saying we would or wouldn't, but I promise you we would have beaten Citadel, been more competitive in our games, won a few more, and would not have been shut out in 2 games, yes I include Temple as a shut out.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game and I know watching the players after a play defense and offense and watching them on the sidelines this was the first game the players quit on this coach. Yes quit , they were like lets get it over and have Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I see the same thing next game CGC will be out of here year 3 or 4. The last time I saw this was 1994. I know people don't like to run players off but 1/2 need to go. The crowd thinned out at halftime. People I sit by season ticket holders were talking this is the last year for them. Most were making fun of our offense ( If you call it an offense) . There was no dancing on the sidelines it looked dead. We may have a sellout for uga but 80 percent will be uga fans. This program is very close to losing it's fan base. ( sorry but that is what I saw today at the Stadium. Every game we play we are told how good the other teams defense is, I guess we have played the top 10 defensive units)

I was at the game and I know watching the players after a play defense and offense and watching them on the sidelines this was the first game the players quit on this coach. Yes quit , they were like lets get it over and have Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I see the same thing next game CGC will be out of here year 3 or 4. The last time I saw this was 1994. I know people don't like to run players off but 1/2 need to go. The crowd thinned out at halftime. People I sit by season ticket holders were talking this is the last year for them. Most were making fun of our offense ( If you call it an offense) . There was no dancing on the sidelines it looked dead. We may have a sellout for uga but 80 percent will be uga fans. This program is very close to losing it's fan base. ( sorry but that is what I saw today at the Stadium. Every game we play we are told how good the other teams defense is, I guess we have played the top 10 defensive units)

I would give you a like on this but I don't like what you said......but I feel it to be the case. Fact is I was at the Pitt game and while I don't think the players quit.....I feel like the fans were....oh well whatever.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was at the game and I know watching the players after a play defense and offense and watching them on the sidelines this was the first game the players quit on this coach. Yes quit , they were like lets get it over and have Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I see the same thing next game CGC will be out of here year 3 or 4. The last time I saw this was 1994. I know people don't like to run players off but 1/2 need to go.]/QUOTE]

I recall Pruitt meeting his team last year and saying he had basically 20 players. The rest? Need to go or be replaced. And he’s doing that.

And that’s good for what at the end of the day? Another 7-5 season then a bowl loss? Who tf cares, Tech is shooting for the moon right now, done being mediocre. The goal is no longer pointless bowl streak, we are trying to change the whole entire Program to something it’s never been before. It might not work and it isn’t right now, but please move the **** on.
I will take 7-5 over 2-10. I will take 2 Orange bowls over Bill Lewis part 2. Even in 2015, which had just as many challenges as this team, we lost 6 games by 7 points or less. And had one of the greatest victories in our history.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don’t care about the offense. The offense has sucked all season, so I don’t get why people are shocked.

What the **** is happening on defense?

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Graham’s was transferring for 1.

who are these 6 wins? Couldn’t beat USF last yr. Temple would’ve been favored

No luck at UVA
Pitt? Doubt it
Miami? Has struggled with them
Duke? Lol Cutcliffe owned him
NCSU? Maybe
Agree to disagree. I think we are bowl eligible with CPJ. Hope I’m wrong, but I see Butch Jones with Collins. Hope I’m wrong cause I’d love to eat crow on it.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Still waiting guys to explain how it’s Patenaude fault for dropped passes and back foot INTs
He’s not responsible for every mistake, but looking at the body of work for the season you’ll have a hard time convincing me that we wouldn’t be in better hands on offense with just about any other OC in college football.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We can make some informed speculation about how well he can do with “his guys” based on how he does with someone else’s guys. If you don’t believe that, you haven’t watched enough football.

What informed speculation can you make when we have a group of WRs that can't catch the ball or get open, an OL that can't block anything worth a damn, weak TE play, and freshmen QBs? "hey, we'd do better if we ran the triple option, so we shoudl eb running the triple option..."

It's not just someone elses guys. The OL we recruited were recruited for an offense that on an ideal day would never throw a pass. In addition the run game wasn't geared around dominating the opponents DL and getting push. It was based on timing and angles to gain small advantages that happened right when they needed to happen. So now our OL can't pass block, like they couldn't the past decade, but they also can't run block in a scheme that needs them to actually man up and push the opponent back. Meanwhile we have receivers who were recruited so they could block and take advantage of busted assignments when the defense was caught cheating up to stop the run. So no wonder they can't shake defenders or catch anything that isn't wide open with any kind of consistency. The "other guy" recruited and crafted a system to try and ignore fundamental parts of almost every offense, and we're seeing the result of that this year, and it's effects will still be a factor until we get a full turnover. We only have 9 seniors or something like that. We'd be better off if that was about 50.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
You’re fooling yourself, lv. And I think you know that, because you’re a sharp poster. It’s not impossible for a competent OC to do better than this with the same crew.