Virginia Tech, Baseball

How many games will we win @VT? (Assume 3 played)

Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 8 29.6%

Votes: 16 59.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I see the progress. I'm watching the Mets - A's game tonight, and the A's pitcher had the following sequence: Walk, line out to RF, Walk, Walk, Walk, Walk, Grand Slam. Six runs, one hit. A professional baseball player at the highest level...

Reminds me of Samol's first outing against Miami opening weekend. Had a good first inning, if I recall. But next inning gave up 6 runs on 3 hits. I believe it was a hit, then HR. Followed by 3 walks/HBP and a grand slam.

Compare that to Samol today. 1 run in 2 innings, 2 hits, 1 BB. That's progress.

Pretty sure we matched the A’s last night.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
We have quickly gone from discussing our chances at making the NCAA tournament to now where we should be discussing our chances of making the ACC tournament. We are now in the 12th and final spot, 1.5 games ahead of Clemson.

Oops. wrong thread.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It's easy to fall into a comfortable web of complacency. Lots of high hopes for this team that are getting dashed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think the team pretty much did some staining of their uniform pants this weekend.

I got a side of a porch stained and listened to Wiley. He did a great job calling this mess by himself and was a highlight. Actually, I agree with Wiley that the players really want to do better. My beef isn't with the players but the multi decade underperformance. I didn't even bring in post season play (in which failure is usually due to lack of pitching depth).

But I also don't think Hall is going anywhere unless pushed. That said, hopefully the push is never seen.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
👀👀
406D2C69-DD4C-4747-ADF0-B1008E6652CC.png