Virginia preparation week

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
What is our injury situation? found this:
Georgia Tech will take on Virginia on Saturday without linebacker Terrell Lewis and quarterback Matthew Jordan and may also miss safety A.J. Gray and linebacker Brant Mitchell. Gray and Mitchell, both key starters for the Yellow Jackets defense, were listed as questionable on the team injury report released Thursday, both with lower-body injuries. Lewis and Jordan were both ruled out with lower-body injuries.

The report also lists offensive tackle Jake Stickler, who missed last week’s game against Clemson after suffering a concussion in the Wake Forest game, as probable.

Gray has started 20 consecutive games, dating back to the start of the 2016 season. He is the team’s second leading tackler with 35 total stops and leads the Yellow Jackets with two interceptions. Mitchell is sixth in tackles with 23. He sat out of the Wake Forest game with a lower-body injury suffered in the Miami game.

Lewis is a backup linebacker and key special-teams player. The injury will end a streak of 32 consecutive games played, a run that began in the first game of the 2015 season. Jordan came in for starting quarterback TaQuon Marshall in last week’s loss to Clemson and provided a spark with four consecutive keepers that gained 25 yards before getting injured.

Linebacker David Curry (lower body) and center Scott Morgan (upper body) were on the out list again. Curry has not played this season and Morgan has appeared in three.

Last edited:

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Georgia Tech will take on Virginia on Saturday without linebacker Terrell Lewis and quarterback Matthew Jordan and may also miss safety A.J. Gray and linebacker Brant Mitchell. Gray and Mitchell, both key starters for the Yellow Jackets defense, were listed as questionable on the team injury report released Thursday, both with lower-body injuries. Lewis and Jordan were both ruled out with lower-body injuries.

The report also lists offensive tackle Jake Stickler, who missed last week’s game against Clemson after suffering a concussion in the Wake Forest game, as probable.

Gray has started 20 consecutive games, dating back to the start of the 2016 season. He is the team’s second leading tackler with 35 total stops and leads the Yellow Jackets with two interceptions. Mitchell is sixth in tackles with 23. He sat out of the Wake Forest game with a lower-body injury suffered in the Miami game.

Lewis is a backup linebacker and key special-teams player. The injury will end a streak of 32 consecutive games played, a run that began in the first game of the 2015 season. Jordan came in for starting quarterback TaQuon Marshall in last week’s loss to Clemson and provided a spark with four consecutive keepers that gained 25 yards before getting injured.

Linebacker David Curry (lower body) and center Scott Morgan (upper body) were on the out list again. Curry has not played this season and Morgan has appeared in three.
Bleh. That sucks. We need AJ and Brant to be 100% for sure. And special teams doesn't need to get any more special. Oh well. Next man up! Hope they get coached up and come out ready to play.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Idk but I think we will be fine. We had a ton of young guys playing against Clemson is the second half and hey only scored 3. I saw Bruce swilling, Owens, Kerr, and Roof on the field. I think Gray would be missed the most.

Does anyone know why Simmons (CB) didn't play? Or did he and I just missed. Normally he is the one who comes in for Durham, but Kerr did instead.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Idk but I think we will be fine. We had a ton of young guys playing against Clemson is the second half and hey only scored 3. I saw Bruce swilling, Owens, Kerr, and Roof on the field. I think Gray would be missed the most.

Does anyone know why Simmons (CB) didn't play? Or did he and I just missed. Normally he is the one who comes in for Durham, but Kerr did instead.
I thought Kerr did a great job of being in position on passing plays the few times I noticed him. That might be why he got the nod.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
At some point whne step went out Simmons went in, then they started rotating simmons and lance on the boundary and Kerr was on the field.