Virginia Postgame

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I ran out of time with my edit, so here is more information.

So far your two examples don’t meet the criteria I set.

Bryce Young plays for Alabama, so that’s a Top25 team. He was also the #1 QB in his class and the #2 overall recruit that year. How would Sims perform behind that OL?

The WF QB is a 2X RSSoph, so in his 4th year, definitely an upperclassman. In this comparison you’re talking about a RSSoph and a Freshman. .

Just looked back at the thread. It seems you set requirements AFTER QBs were named.

We can't wait two more years. So many QB's are highly successful, can see the field, and know to protect the ball at all costs early in their careers, but you want us to wait until he is a 4th year player? He has incredible talent, but at some point you have to ask yourself, "What is more important, losing with a hyper talented, entertaining QB that throws crazy interceptions, or to win with a less talented QB that takes care of the ball?"

Name the 2nd year QB’s in college football meeting these requirements.

Also, for the record, I also said "...I agree with you that we need to be patient,..."

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I'm not searching for anything. I have no problem accepting that he has problems he needs to work on. I'm just confused as to why every time we discuss QB play we need to make a list of excuses as to why its impossible for him to do better than he has done. It is possible for him to make better decisions on the field without 4 more years of experience, and Bama's offensive line. Let's hope he figures it out.
The issue is he is actually one of our best players. If the other 22 played to his level we likely would have only 1 loss. You seem to blame him for our team issues which seems way off base to the bigger team issues of bad defense, poor OL play and so forth

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just looked back at the thread. It seems you set requirements AFTER QBs were named.

Also, for the record, I also said "...I agree with you that we need to be patient,..."
Look a little further back (#254).

I think his decision-making is youth and will get better. It might not. There are plenty of upperclassmen QB's throwing a lot of picks.

I agree that combining the best of each of them would make for a phenomenal QB. But, I look around and there aren't many 1st year or 2nd year QB's absolutely killing it in college football. He's still learning to play within the system and not just improvise because he's the best player on the field, hands' down. Other than the top QB's at top-ranked programs, how many underclassmen are really tearing it up?