Virginia Postgame

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It feels kind of bad that we probably win this game if Geoff kicks it onside with 9 minutes left rather than give it back to the offense that already had 550 total yards. Why didn't we just steal the last 2 possessions and walk off with a 2 point conversion?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
we should have started onside kicking coming out of half. we werent stopping them for the most part outside the redzone so who cares if we give up a short field

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Lack of team speed and play makers on defense. Been this way for many years now. Don’t understand why we continue to rush 3 and play zone when there is always someone open against our 8 man drop. We had way more success bringing pressure on Armstrong.

This defense will get better with graduation and natural attrition.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
i just don’t understand the coaching staff trotting the same mediocre players out for the last 3 years on defense
we have not 1 new starter in the secondary in the last 3 years
Now this is something I can agree with you on.

I’m sick of seeing Swilling get toasted and both safeties constantly be in the wrong spot in coverage.

Might as well put the young guys in and let them play.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
How do we fix the defense? I only watched bits and pieces and I know the offense has holes, but that many yards and point is awful.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
It seemed like when we blitzed him, he torched us. And we were not pressuring him at all with 3 linemen. We couldn't cover that one kid...they roasted our D.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Anyone who says something about Patenaude needs to be banned

Defense is soft
I honestly think patenaude has been good this year! Sims was widely regarded as a far from polished prospect coming in to college. I think the growth he has made so far is solid. He is still inconsistent but he is young. Pitt fans had been saying things like that about Pickett in prior seasons and look at that dude now

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I think we have the pieces to be a very good team. We've seen only one part of our team perform well during this season. When our defense shows up our offense is subpar. When our offense shows up our defense is nonexistent. And our special teams have been hit or miss as well. If we play a complete game (offensively and defensively) I truly believe we can play with anyone in the nation. I just want to see some consistency and progression and I'll be elated