Virginia postgame discussion

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
So what do all you CPJ apologists have to say about 2 losing seasons in the last 3. He freaking sucks and needs to go. Hope Nebraska has a mental patient moment and says "hey, maybe the triple option will work in big boy football".

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Losses to Uva AND UT? We are what our record says we are. My criticism of this program is we can't maintain continuity. The last several years have been a roller coaster ride. This deep into a coach's tenure I would have thought that we would have established our program be able to beat the teams that we should beat and maybe win some of the "big 4" or "upper echelon" games. Ten years in, I am unclear if we have made progress. Virginia (???) looked to be more physical than us. Which is kind of sad, given their performance this year.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I just can't put my finger on what's wrong with the O, just seems to be the speed and pressure causing them to screw up. They seemed ok at the beginning of the season

Jmonty71

Banned
Again, when a former defensive player, who played for GT, and breaks down film for us here on the board, calls you out, you are wrong.

You are wrong, but keep banging your drum.
I'm sorry. I don't think Roof is perfect, like you. I see the end results. Because Ls and Ws is what matters. Did the O help? No. Did ST help? No. But, the D had a chance to make a stand and they failed. Plain and simple. We had the lead and went to a soft D. But, I seem to be the only one that sees that.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
9 forced punts. 2 force TOs. We cold stopped UVA 11 times, and yet our D is blamed?

Our O being limited to big plays and complete ST breakdowns are real issues. If we had last years O, we'd be 7-1 at worst with this D. Our O needs to get it together quick.

Remind me who is the genius behind the offense? Oh its Mr. I don't need a big playsheet,

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I'm sorry. I don't think Roof is perfect, like you. I see the end results. Because Ls and Ws is what matters. Did the O help? No. Did ST help? No. But, the D had a chance to make a stand and they failed. Plain and simple. We had the lead and went to a soft D. Buy, I seem to be the only one that sees that.

The O had a chance to win the game and failed. We can keep doing this...

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
Telling stat: Only two of UVA's scoring drives were longer than 38 yards.

ST and O lost this game. Not the Defense.[/QUO
So what do all you CPJ apologists have to say about 2 losing seasons in the last 3. He freaking sucks and needs to go. Hope Nebraska has a mental patient moment and says "hey, maybe the triple option will work in big boy football".
LOL, what a moron.