Va Tech opens as -15 point Favorites

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think this game is going to be around 21-28. I'm just not sure we will be the one with 28. The reason I don't think they will score a ton is because I'm not so sure on passing their QB will be as accurate as some of the other guys we have played the past two week. They have either been up or down on offense, hopefully we get them on a down day.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think we lose by 31+, this will be as bad as UNC game and then some.

I think Bud Foster along with Venables gives CPJ the most trouble and they consistently shut down our offense from year to year.

Im expecting a 42-13 type game, this loss will be similar to the LSU beat down in Peach Bowl

VT beat Duke by the same margin we did, and got blasted by little old Syracuse. We may lose to them, but to act like they're somehow way better than us is kind of dumb. We are both solidly mediocre teams this year.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Paul needs to let the defense know they only need to get one stop for us to win. He should also tell the Offense that he plans for them to score every time.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
i like VT and the 15.

VT is a completely different team at home than on the road. if we were playing at Bobby Dodd i'd give us a solid chance, not at Lane.
At home their avg margin of victory is over 30 ppg (35 ppg against 2 ACC opponents), their lowest point differential is 21 and they haven't been held to less than 36 pts or allowed more than 17.
I'm expecting another 24-28 pt loss.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
i like VT and the 15.

VT is a completely different team at home than on the road. if we were playing at Bobby Dodd i'd give us a solid chance, not at Lane.
At home their avg margin of victory is over 30 ppg (35 ppg against 2 ACC opponents), their lowest point differential is 21 and they haven't been held to less than 36 pts or allowed more than 17.
I'm expecting another 24-28 pt loss.

Agreed. Plus, there have to be some issues now in the minds of our defensive players. We seem to be going form bad to worse, there can be little doubt there is pressure on the defense....this doesn't feel like things are right in the locker room to me. NB-no inside info, merely internet rumor-mongering.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think this game is going to be around 21-28. I'm just not sure we will be the one with 28. The reason I don't think they will score a ton is because I'm not so sure on passing their QB will be as accurate as some of the other guys we have played the past two week. They have either been up or down on offense, hopefully we get them on a down day.
He reminds me of the QB they had a few years ago. 6-3 240 61.7% comp 21 TD's and only 2 int's plus he is there leading rusher. If I havd to guess a little like the Duke QB may not be a good of a passer but better runner.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
He reminds me of the QB they had a few years ago. 6-3 240 61.7% comp 21 TD's and only 2 int's plus he is there leading rusher. If I havd to guess a little like the Duke QB may not a good of a passer but better runner.
You're thinking of Logan Thomas. That kid gave it to us every year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Paul needs to let the defense know they only need to get one stop for us to win. He should also tell the Offense that he plans for them to score every time.

If you believe this, then you agree that we should on side kick after every score. If we recover 1 in 3, we win.

I hope we win; but we won't unless we play our best game of the year and VT plays an average game for them. Impossible, no. Likely, no.

Drinking, yes (I had to end on a positive note.)