UVA

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Fully agree. With it not being a conference game, should be erased with no payout as this is a tragedy.
I don't want to distract from the topic at hand, but why no payout? Coastal presumably is upholding their end of the deal and willing to play, and their athletic department is likely very dependent on that money. It's an extremely unfortunate situation, but CCU shouldn't be taking a financial loss if UVA doesn't want to play the game.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't want to distract from the topic at hand, but why no payout? Coastal presumably is upholding their end of the deal and willing to play, and their athletic department is likely very dependent on that money. It's an extremely unfortunate situation, but CCU shouldn't be taking a financial loss if UVA doesn't want to play the game.
Surely there is some kind of insurance for the game?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Praying for them. @ilovetheoption let us know what we can do to support you guys.

I'm not a man of faith, but prayers are the best I can come up with.

This country doesn't seem to have the appetite to do what is actually necessary, and I'm not interested in getting into a political argument.

Sucks to see excellent young men snuffed out in their damn prime :(

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes a game doesn't matter and this is one. This is not a player losing a parent or even the team losing a player. This is a team with 3 players murdered by a former teammate and a handful of others in the hospital fighting for their lives. But tell the team to go play or tell the athletic department to pay money. Classiest thing is to let this one go. As @Ash said, there has to be some type of insurance clause and the UVA lawyers will find it if pressed by CCU.
Just saw where they canceled the UVA basketball game tonight.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes a game doesn't matter and this is one. This is not a player losing a parent or even the team losing a player. This is a team with 3 players murdered by a former teammate and a handful of others in the hospital fighting for their lives. But tell the team to go play or tell the athletic department to pay money. Classiest thing is to let this one go. As @Ash said, there has to be some type of insurance clause and the UVA lawyers will find it if pressed by CCU.
Just saw where they canceled the UVA basketball game tonight.
The proper thing to do, imho, is to cancel with a commitment to reschedule.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'm not a man of faith, but prayers are the best I can come up with.

This country doesn't seem to have the appetite to do what is actually necessary, and I'm not interested in getting into a political argument.

Sucks to see excellent young men snuffed out in their damn prime :(
I'm sorry for what happened up there.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hard to believe that things like this happen...

Praying for the families, friends, et al. will be able to survive the crushing weight of what gas happened.

The upcoming games for UVA should be up to the team to decide if they want to play or not.