UVA

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
In my experience, "thoughts and prayers" don't really help at all.

These kinds of tragic events either changes the way one thinks about life and the community in which all of us live together, or it doesn't.

Said Davis' father, Lavel Davis Sr., in a Facebook post: "Lord please help me."
My soul weeps with these families facing the grief of this tragedy.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

These kinds of tragic events either changes the way one thinks about life and the community in which all of us live together, or it doesn't.

Many sobering stats in this report. Look at the demographic distribution of the over 100 gun related deaths averaged a day. Very sad, you would think we were at war with ourselves.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Many sobering stats in this report. Look at the demographic distribution of the over 100 gun related deaths averaged a day. Very sad, you would think we were at war with ourselves.

In certain area's of the country... there is definitely war and it sbeen going on since the 70s.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

I lost my adult son. It will never, ever be the same. The pain of losing a child is beyond description.

With that said, I still appreciate people who said they cared, said they were praying for us, & especially those that spoke about our son’s spectacular life. That last item is still the salve my wife & I need to go another day sometimes (along with our grandkids).

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I lost my adult son. It will never, ever be the same. The pain of losing a child is beyond description.

With that said, I still appreciate people who said they cared, said they were praying for us, & especially those that spoke about our son’s spectacular life. That last item is still the salve my wife & I need to go another day sometimes (along with our grandkids).
I'm guessing he didn't really mean that the way it came out.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hale had a conversation with Bronco Mendenhall. Some excerpts on Twitter at

It’s sad and touching

That story about Devin Chandler...OMG...that one hurt.

A mentor once told me to tell to the people you appreciate in your life that you love them. Doesn't matter if they say it back...that's not the point. The point is to let people them know they are loved and appreciated. One day you won't see them anymore, for whatever reason, and hopefully when they think of you they know how much they meant. One of the greatest lessons of my life.

I often think of that when I hear these stories, which is occurring way too often these days. Hopefully these young men knew how much they meant to their loved ones, and their community.

Deleted member 6494

You are probably right. But honestly if I was CCU and UVA decided to cancel, I would just remain silent on any of this until some time has passed and give people time to grieve.
The Virginia-Coastal Carolina game has been officially cancelled.