Helluva Engineer
th
:)

Did I win ?
That is deep!;):cool:(y)(y)(y)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
OK, I picked us to lose to Clemson by >=14. And to barely beat WF (ok, we were behind at half and got two big plays to put it way.)

We are going to beat UVa by a lot (e.g >10). When we get rolling it's holy hell for the other team. When the other team lives in our backfield, it's holy hell for us without a short passing game. I'd put the win at 14. 34-20. And Atomic agrees with me. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

I'm so sure, that I'll be camping/hiking about 40 miles from the stadium without electricity, connectivity or a care. I'll watch on Sunday to validate the stomping.

Oh yeah ..... it's supposed to rain Saturday night ........

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
OK, I picked us to lose to Clemson by >=14. And to barely beat WF (ok, we were behind at half and got two big plays to put it way.)

We are going to beat UVa by a lot (e.g >10). When we get rolling it's holy hell for the other team. When the other team lives in our backfield, it's holy hell for us without a short passing game. I'd put the win at 14. 34-20. And Atomic agrees with me. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

I'm so sure, that I'll be camping/hiking about 40 miles from the stadium without electricity, connectivity or a care. I'll watch on Sunday to validate the stomping.

Oh yeah ..... it's supposed to rain Saturday night ........
I figured GT would lose by 10-14 points

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA. Yes they beat Notre Dame by one point. And I guess we can say Miss State was an ok win. But the rest are all losing teams and UF and Tenn were dumpster fires when UGA played them. They threw 7 passes yesterday. Fact is they throw less than us. Load the box.
Ugag doesn't throw the ball much, because they don't really need to. They get sufficient offense by mostly running the ball and they have a stout and deep defense. With the exception of the ND game, they have controlled each game on the schedule from the 2nd qtr on.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Ugag doesn't throw the ball much, because they don't really need to. They get sufficient offense by mostly running the ball and they have a stout and deep defense. With the exception of the ND game, they have controlled each game on the schedule from the 2nd qtr on.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I've seen a Projection that had UGAG playing Alabama in the FBS Playoffs. Two straight games against Alabama would be brutal.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Has UVa ever won a conference championship? A freaking major bowl game? Anything of significance in college football?

Crap in hell, how have we allowed GT to reach the point where programs like this concern us?

I always respect an opponent, but we should yearly expect to beat programs like this by 30 to 35 points.

No wonder some think winning 36% of the time vs our consistently good opponents is some great thing.

God Bless our S/As who have been fighting this bull**** for 54 years.

Screw the rest of the elitist HillNerds to hell.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Has UVa ever won a conference championship? A freaking major bowl game? Anything of significance in college football?

Crap in hell, how have we allowed GT to reach the point where programs like this concern us?

I always respect an opponent, but we should yearly expect to beat programs like this by 30 to 35 points.

No wonder some think winning 36% of the time vs our consistently good opponents is some great thing.

Serious question: Do you think these other schools, and their alumni, are and should be satisfied with being bottom tier? Now consider the place of uva, unc et al within their states. If you were an alumnus/alumna of one of these schools, how would you view your place next to the trade school in midtown Atlanta?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I sense a bit of anger here. Namaste.

To your point of UVa football, there is a reason it is called the "missing link" of UVa sports. You are right about no championships (two co-championships) except maybe one in 1908. And a .389 bowl record which shows when they went, they were out matched. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_Cavaliers_football

I also think we will win by >=10 and dominate the TOP. If we lose to UVa, we don't deserve a bowl game. And I think we are a "good" #20-40 team.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Serious question: Do you think these other schools, and their alumni, are and should be satisfied with being bottom tier? Now consider the place of uva, unc et al within their states. If you were an alumnus/alumna of one of these schools, how would you view your place next to the trade school in midtown Atlanta?

I would not waste one moment thinking about what they would be satisfied with.

Which is why I would not consider considering the next part.

All of which changes nothing relating to the fact these schools have NEVER won anything of significance on the gridiron, which is the subject of this board.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope UGAG slips up against Auburn and has 1 loss going into the GT-UGAG game hopefully knocking them into the Orange Bowl.

This is actually the first time in my life I want UGAg to be undefeated when we play them. Usually I want them to be 0-11, but this year I think our best shot at beating them will be if they are undefeated and gearing up for Bama. (I wonder if deep down, Kirby would like them to drop a game around this time, as well, so he can get on them about how hard it is to win a MNC. Then if they beat Bama in the SEC title game they'd be in the CFP anyway.)

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UVA could be considered a trap game if GT is looking to VT because of the ACCCG implications. Also, the team could have a hangover from Clemson. Neither of these will be true. Although Stranger Things II may be distracting the team per twitter : ).

Like CPJ said, every fan just wants/requires to win one time a week.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This is actually the first time in my life I want UGAg to be undefeated when we play them. Usually I want them to be 0-11, but this year I think our best shot at beating them will be if they are undefeated and gearing up for Bama. (I wonder if deep down, Kirby would like them to drop a game around this time, as well, so he can get on them about how hard it is to win a MNC. Then if they beat Bama in the SEC title game they'd be in the CFP anyway.)
No chance in hell they will "overlook" us, no matter what their record is. They hate us with a passion. Actually, they hate to lose to us with a passion and they lost to us 2 of the last 3.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
UVA run defense is mediocre. They gave up 234 to BC and 178 to Pitt. Expect the usual from them- 8 in the box dare us to throw. If we can complete some long passes, like against Pitt, early in the game before the field gets sloppy, put THEM in a HOLE, then DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, behind Cooper, Braun and Devine. No turnovers = Easy Win!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I guess they've been practicing against the 3O for the last couple of weeks since they've lost to BC and Pitt.
They didn't lose to BC. They were incinerated by BC. Pitt didn't have much trouble with them either. Still, it's always hard up there for us. Let's just play a whole game like we did against Wake in the second half and see what happens.