UVA Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good news is that we're done with this game thread for the year. Don't have to revisit it again.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
LMAO I'm almost mad I didn't get to watch this game. I have to go check the chat now it's got to be great. I think our women's team could've scored more points on UVA. I mean I can shoot half court shots and hit at least 1 in 12.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
So sad. Guys played with NO confidence tonight. Have they quit on CBG?

That was ugly basketball, a complete contrast to UVA. I am embarrassed to be a GT Basketball fan. They looked SO much better earlier in the year. The talent is there, maybe not to win 20+ games, but to be competitive.

I don't think any of us expected to beat UVA, but we should have at least been competitive. So sad.

johncu

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair, Virginia is really, really good. This loss sucked and Gregory will, and should be fired, but UVA has held 3 respectable opponents under 30 points this year. Harvard has been to 3 straight NCAA tournaments and likely will again, but UVA beat them 76-27. Losing the way we did last night is like losing 80-50 to Duke or UNC or your typical "good team". Embarrassing, but not as humiliating as the score last night looked.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Keep one thing in mind. Virginia has no McD AA's and most of their players were not rated that high coming out of HS (I mean top 50). Bennett is doing this with great coaching, something we sadly lack.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Keep one thing in mind. Virginia has no McD AA's and most of their players were not rated that high coming out of HS (I mean top 50). Bennett is doing this with great coaching, something we sadly lack.
And 3 kids from Georgia.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Kinda sad but I watch our basketball team now just waiting to see what goes wrong this time around.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Got home late last night and cranked up the DVR to watch what became a shellacking. Best part after the first 8 minutes of game time was that I could fast forward through commercials and half time.

Pretty "bad" that it felt good to get to 28 points so that we wouldn't be the WORST scoring team they played this year. Poor Tadric only made two shoots and both at the end. Hard, but not impossible, to miss a dunk and a layup.

This ACC season summary - :banghead:

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I watch to just to see how bad we shoot. I’ve never seen a major college basketball program shoot as badly as we do. I just have to laugh it off because it’s really that embarrassing. I mean this shot chart even defies the logic of pure luck.

upload_2015-1-23_9-37-15.jpeg

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I watch to just to see how bad we shoot. I’ve never seen a major college basketball program shoot as badly as we do. I just have to laugh it off because it’s really that embarrassing. I mean this shot chart even defies the logic of pure luck.

View attachment 777

That is a crazy chart, i'm not sure how our AD can give Gregory another year... I feel sorry for him.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ken summed it up well in AJC article -
"The Cavaliers forced Tech into 10 turnovers in 55 possessions. The first six possessions might have been all you needed to see.
– Shot clock violation.
– Georges-Hunt scores off a pump fake in the lane.
– Cox misses in close after a drive-and-dish by Jorgenson.
– Anderson steals the ball from Cox.
– Cox travels in the post.
– Robert Sampson misses a 3-point attempt."