UVA, Baseball

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
A UVa sweep is much more likely than a GT sweep. I fear they will absolutely destroy our pitching.
We're going to need 7+ runs to win games against this team, and it'll be tough. I saw a recap of their Lville series last weekend, on the equivalent of From the Rumble Seat but for wahoos.

All three of their starters went 6+, no walks. I was jealous just reading it.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We're going to need 7+ runs to win games against this team, and it'll be tough. I saw a recap of their Lville series last weekend, on the equivalent of From the Rumble Seat but for wahoos.

All three of their starters went 6+, no walks. I was jealous just reading it.
They are coming off an 11 game homestand. Which began after being swept at Notre Dame. They had to sweep Loiusville to get to 4-5 in their last 3 conference series. They're beatable.... just like us.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
They are coming off an 11 game homestand. Which began after being swept at Notre Dame. They had to sweep Loiusville to get to 4-5 in their last 3 conference series. They're beatable.... just like us.
Need the french to surrender and our Jackets to stake their claim to the territory that’s rightfully ours. One game at a time boys. Go Jackets!

MaverickGT

Jolly Good Fellow
We don’t have to worry about where a sweep would put us in the rpi rankings, lol. We are getting smashed in game one . Have to win the ACC tourney now

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Tired Golden State Warriors GIF by NBA

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bullpen was horrendous - King and Busse have really completely fallen apart toward the end of the season.

They are the best the coaches think we have. Overused, by necessity, last weekend.

Glad its baseball since one can't extrapolate better unless something changes.

This hasn't gone the way I'd hoped.

Fail Falling Down GIF by RETROFUNK

Nope, but he didn't give up.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I thought we would win 1. Oh well, swept at home by a better coaching staff. That will change for better or worse when Hall finally leaves. After over a decade of mediocrity, not a lot of sting.
The mediocrity can't be that simple (the coach). You're right... better or worse or basically the same is upcoming... eventually.

Swept at home... 1st time in 5 seasons.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Ump really screwed us over when we had bases loadedand started calling EVERYTHING a strike, only to call EVERYTHING a ball for Va in the top of the inning. Danny bent over and took it.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
Just another example of the perpetual bad luck we seem to be experiencing over the past 17 years. Really, the only thing we need is for our luck to change. Everything else is good to go.
You know, I do believe in luck. Over CDHs 30 seasons, I think most of his managerial moves have been well thought out, they just never work. I have know several people in my life who do everything right but always lose and others who would find a $1M diamond after falling down drunk in a gutter.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You know, I do believe in luck. Over CDHs 30 seasons, I think most of his managerial moves have been well thought out, they just never work. I have know several people in my life who do everything right but always lose and others who would find a $1M diamond after falling down drunk in a gutter.
The guy has a .650 winning % over 30 seasons. If fine to "believe" someone else could do better... but I don't believe it's that simple. Much worse is definitely in play too.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I can think of numerous bone headed decisions that did not work out. A primary example is we have bunted ourselves out of numerous big innings over the years because CDH was stuck in a 1960s National League mentality of fighting for every run, despite the fact that we were scoring 6+ runs a game.

I also believe in luck, but after 17 years of failure I feel pretty confident that it is not luck, it is the coach.