USF starting QB suspended

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think he wasnt named the started because of a known pending suspension. I dont think Barnett is the better qb

I think you're right. Barnett has been in college like 13 years and he's still just a middling guy.

Of course, we'll make him look like Peyton Vick or something.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Barnett was with NFL Tuscaloosa for a while. He is most likely better than the guy suspended.

Uh, not according to the former Bama QB who's a radio host on XM this morning. Said he's a guy who was overrated and does best when the pressure's off. Like in mop up duty and such.

Such a scary game, Barnett can sling it. Young defense on the road. Very nervous.

Based on?

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Uh, not according to the former Bama QB who's a radio host on XM this morning. Said he's a guy who was overrated and does best when the pressure's off. Like in mop up duty and such.

Based on?
Ever watched his high school highlights? Dude sat behind Jalen Hurts and Bama fans wanted him to start before Tua even showed up. He can play and we will all see it Next Saturday. Also When was the last time ANY QB has had a bad game against GT?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ever watched his high school highlights? Dude sat behind Jalen Hurts and Bama fans wanted him to start before Tua even showed up. He can play and we will all see it Next Saturday. Also When was the last time ANY QB has had a bad game against GT?

Seriously? That's not all you got is it?

I can name you a hundred dudes that looked like Joe Montana in high school.

He's also on his third college stop at this point. He didn't start at Bama because he wasn't good enough. Don't believe me, ask Greg McElroy.

We shouldn't be scared of that guy.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

I still dont understand the assumption that qbs will be good this year. There is a whole new variable, a new defense.

A toddler could out up good numbers against Ted roofs scheme. I'm surprised he was even allowed to coach due to it being the way of defense from 50 years ago.

Qbs will have fits against the defense this year.

I'll go on a limb and say this. USF will finish the game going no more than 60% completion on passing attempts and throw for under 175 yards.

Last year we ranked 34th in passing yards allowed. Which isnt bad at all given the crap defense we ran.

I'll say we finish top 20 in passing this year

We actually gave up less yards per game than miami, including passing, yet they got all the hype.

This defense has been undervalued for a long time, I think we see the talent flourish under the new scheme and we dominate on defense. Last year we gave up 28 points a game. I see that number falling towards 20, 22 high end.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Kean will be out the first 4 games of the year. Good news for us I suppose!
I think he wasnt named the started because of a known pending suspension. I dont think Barnett is the better qb
@CuseJacket this thread is incorrect, can we remove it?

Kean's suspension was reduced to two games and then lifted by the NCAA three weeks ago. Kean is free to play. Article here.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Other than him not being the starter and not getting suspended, you got the rest right. (y)

Haha I was just restating the article. I didn't know there was even an issue over the summer.

Either way I think they take a huge step back. Probably win about 6-8 games.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Seriously? That's not all you got is it?

I can name you a hundred dudes that looked like Joe Montana in high school.

He's also on his third college stop at this point. He didn't start at Bama because he wasn't good enough. Don't believe me, ask Greg McElroy.

We shouldn't be scared of that guy.
Until our defense proves itself I am afraid of Deshaun Watson's cafeteria crew.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Until our defense proves itself I am afraid of Deshaun Watson's cafeteria crew.

Lol like I said our defense statistically was top third in the nation last year.

I doubt we ever recruit the talent to keep teams under 15 points a game.