USF starting QB suspended

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lol like I said our defense statistically was top third in the nation last year.

I doubt we ever recruit the talent to keep teams under 15 points a game.
With today's zone read and RPO offenses I think more realistically we should look to the 24-28 point range and at that with most teams I would cheer for our defense. Seriously. Fifteen is a gift of the gods. Johnson's offense is going to score, but if the D can take the score-every-possession pressure away, stop that three-minute scoring "drive" after we use up six or seven minutes to go the length of the field, it may be addition by subtraction: that offense may really bloom, back to the days of '14. Remember all those +20 plays? (Or was it 15? I won't quibble.)

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
With today's zone read and RPO offenses I think more realistically we should look to the 24-28 point range and at that with most teams I would cheer for our defense. Seriously. Fifteen is a gift of the gods. Johnson's offense is going to score, but if the D can take the score-every-possession pressure away, stop that three-minute scoring "drive" after we use up six or seven minutes to go the length of the field, it may be addition by subtraction: that offense may really bloom, back to the days of '14. Remember all those +20 plays? (Or was it 15? I won't quibble.)

Last year we gave up 31 a game on average. If we can get it to 22-25, we will win 9 games

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seriously? That's not all you got is it?

I can name you a hundred dudes that looked like Joe Montana in high school.

He's also on his third college stop at this point. He didn't start at Bama because he wasn't good enough. Don't believe me, ask Greg McElroy.

We shouldn't be scared of that guy.
100% accurate. Had a shot to be the starter at Bama and looked like a deer in the headlights. He might be a 7 on 7 God, but he folds under pressure. What did he have, like 7 attempts last year?