Upgraded Seats

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't be plush seating and as someone on the bigger side the seat sizes at mercedez benz seem to be fine. I mean i've sat in plane seats smaller wher emy shoulder hangs out into the damn aisle lol.
I had season tickets in the JT era for 3 years. I ended up getting stinger seats after the first year just so I could hold my seating area. Otherwise I was squeezed into a smaller area than I felt I had paid for. I would appreciate slightly larger seat area with a rail across the back. UNC has those and would be a big improvement IMO. Could put them in the west area where most of the fans are these days. Paint them gold. THW visitor areas.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I had season tickets in the JT era for 3 years. I ended up getting stinger seats after the first year just so I could hold my seating area. Otherwise I was squeezed into a smaller area than I felt I had paid for. I would appreciate slightly larger seat area with a rail across the back. UNC has those and would be a big improvement IMO. Could put them in the west area where most of the fans are these days. Paint them gold. THW visitor areas.

Even that would be an upgrade.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
There was a similar system a few years ago. It allowed seat upgrades, but I believe it was based on actual seat availability instead of seats that had not been filled.

I do see some issues with implementing a system that makes the seats available to others after a time limit. Suppose you have a long time season ticket holder who has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to the athletic department and has seats in the club section. If he lives on the west coast, flies to the games, and his flight arrives in Atlanta late, such a system might reallocate his seat just before he is able to arrive at the stadium. You could have someone who donates a lot of money and paid almost $1,200 for his seat supplanted for someone who purchased a $145 Stinger seat and has never donated to the athletic department. If this happened several times in a season it would be possible for the athletic department to lose millions in potential future donations.

Also, in the club area I think it is often the case that the empty seats are not because people haven't scanned in but because they are inside the club during the game. I think that is the case often for early September games.

I am concerned that there will be many premium seats available next year. I don't know what the athletic department will forecast before offering season ticket renewals, but if you want to get in the club area full time it might be a good year for availability. I also don't see how they will be able to raise prices next year, and the seats (including premium) might even be a little less expensive next year. Maybe the level of discontent will subside before the renewal process, but if it does not there will be much more for the GTAA to be concerned about than whether the club seats "look" full.
I guess you would have to have the ticket owner to allow the upgrade. GTAA contacts all the unused seats owners and they click “allow release” and maybe the season ticket holder can get a portion of what the Upgrader/upgradee pays…

Would also be a really fun contest at a game. Text upgrade to some number and second half you get a box with food and drinks. And then they show the fans that won the upgrade on the Jumbotron.

Last edited:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Cant we just figure out a way to ruin the upper of the upper north (above the tunnel entrances) and have insurance pay to tear it down? That'd solve 2 problems

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I guess you would have to have the ticket owner to allow the upgrade. GTAA contacts all the unused seats owners and they click “allow release” and maybe the season ticket holder can get a portion of what the Upgrader/upgradee pays…

Would also be a really fun contest at a game. Text upgrade to some number and second half you get a box with food and drinks. And then they show the fans that won the upgrade on the Jumbotron.
That would solve my concern about giving away seats that the person is actually still planning to show up.

I don't know what the relationship with expapp was, how much it costed to implement, or how that program worked. It ended the year after they sent out a survey to season ticket holders with questions about what was important (price vs goodies vs amenities vs etc.) I could be wrong, but I assumed that the season ticket holders didn't think the perks were worth extra pricing. When Buzz Memories was active I used the points that came with the season tickets to get: Photos on the field before football games (including the 2015 FSU game), a second clear bag (in which they also put another water bottle and another Adidas tshirt), and water bottles delivered to my seat. I thought it was good, but I don't think many people actually paid attention to it. I never did upgrade my seat, as I enjoy sitting around the people I normally sit around.

That organization might have the ability to have people to opt-in to allowing their seats to be allocated to upgrades.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Maybe instead of getting a season ticket for a particular seat, you buy a season pass for a particular section. First come, first choice in that section. This would encourage people to show up early.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
The Upper North is added revenue for concerts. You don’t want to remove it. I do think they should put in chair backs throughout a larger portion if not the entire stadium.