Updated Season Win Expectations

How many regular season wins will GT get?

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 6 4.9%

Votes: 30 24.4%

Votes: 42 34.1%

Votes: 31 25.2%

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
After going only 3-2 in the "soft" half of the schedule, our prospects over the second half look downright ominous. (And yes I include Miami as "soft" because they were banged-up coming off a tough game, while we were fresh off a bye.)

Wake - looking good and coming off a bye, while we have several injuries.
@ #x Clemson - coming off a bye AND angry from a humiliating loss.
@ #x Virginia - on a roll and likely ranked at 7-1 when we roll into the Charlottesville house of horrors.
#x VT - always tough and looking for payback over last year.
@Duke - our first un-ranked opponent in over a month, but they'll be coming off an extra week of option practice vs Army.
#x Georgia - looking like the toughest team from Athens since 2012.

The chips are stacked against us in EVERY game in one way or another. Whether our boys competed well so far or not, it turns out they *needed* to cash-in with 5 or 4 wins going into the toughest gauntlet in the country. Lord help us if Benson misses time or we get any more injuries to this patchwork O-line. Could a dominant and opportunistic team overcome this tough schedule and win 4 or 5 out of 6? Sure. But is this year's Yellow Jackets that good or that lucky?

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
All this woulda been/ shoulda been doesn't mean b.s. Tech is 3&2 with for sure 3 losses left. Win the others and we are 6&5 plain and simple.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
All this woulda been/ shoulda been doesn't mean b.s. Tech is 3&2 with for sure 3 losses left. Win the others and we are 6&5 plain and simple.

If you didn't have CU as a sure loss for Syracuse, then I'll accept this as a reasonable post.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No easy games remaining. Two very tough games. I ain't scared of any of them. There is a very good chance uga will come to BDS with a perfect record. And we will have the opportunity to utterly and completely break their hearts and cause incredible mental anguish. I'm almost starting to pull for the mutts just so we can rip their hearts out in a loss they will never, ever, forget the pain of.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Games against Clemson and uGA are tough to predict going in our favor. Clemson actually feels more winnable at this point than uGA, sadly...

Can we win the other four? Sure... tall order though. Even if we pick up one of those first two, we could easily drop one of these other four. 7-4 or 6-5 seems right, now. Such a bummer too...seems so much like 2012, but I don't think we will backdoor into the ACCCG with probations this time...only way in is to get to 7-1 or 6-2 and hope for a tiebreaker.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Never fails every year: GT will win a game we weren't suppose to win, and lose a game we shouldn't have lost.

Hopefully, Tennessee is that game we shouldn't have lost this year. Let's beat Clemson (and VT, and UGA)!!!

Sure seems to be the norm. I know which one I'd pick to win for sure! Maybe we can still beat a team ranked #2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
.......Such a bummer too...seems so much like 2012, but I don't think we will backdoor into the ACCCG with probations this time...only way in is to get to 7-1 or 6-2 and hope for a tiebreaker.

Agree we have very little chance for the ACCCG, Miami is by far the favorite having beaten FSU. Their hardest game is at home versus VT. That they are only 65% likely to win. The rest of the ACC games are in the 80% range. So even if we win out, Miami has to lose 2 ACC games for us to get by them. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_10.html

On the VT side, I'm glad they play Miami the week before us. Even if VT pulls out a win against Miami, they still have to beat us at home. And VT will not have focused at all on us.

Now in the ACCCG, Miami will get rolled by Clemson assuming Clemson doesn't Clemson again.

Games against Clemson and uGA are tough to predict going in our favor. Clemson actually feels more winnable at this point than uGA, sadly...

Can we win the other four? Sure... tall order though. Even if we pick up one of those first two, we could easily drop one of these other four. 7-4 or 6-5 seems right, now. Such a bummer too...seems so much like 2012, but I don't think we will backdoor into the ACCCG with probations this time...only way in is to get to 7-1 or 6-2 and hope for a tiebreaker.
Virginia Tech is coming off their bye this week and face North Carolina, Duke, at Miami, and then Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Back to back Hokie road games helps us. If they beat Miami, it might put us back into the picture, if we haven't already picked up two more losses. I think we are at the point where we need Virginia Tech to lose twice, too.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We're need to be big fans of teams located in North Carolina for the rest of the year (unless they are playing us obviously).

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
All y'all sleeping on Virginia. After beating BC and Pitt they'll be 7-1, ranked and vey capable of playing spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All y'all sleeping on Virginia. After beating BC and Pitt they'll be 7-1, ranked and vey capable of playing spoiler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lose to UVa and we don't/shouldn't go to a bowl and aren't a good enough team to beat Clemson, UGAg or VT. The t GT team I have seen all year is better than UVa. Maybe I'm sleeping on UVa, but if we are better than the bottom of the ACC, we beat them. UVa could well beat BC (favorite) and then Pitt (toss up). But UVa should lose their last four games. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_13.html

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
We lose to UVa and we don't/shouldn't go to a bowl and aren't a good enough team to beat Clemson, UGAg or VT. The t GT team I have seen all year is better than UVa blahblah [/URL]

No no you missed the point. I'm just saying Virginia is another team who can surprise Miami and put GT back into the picture for the Coastal

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No no you missed the point. I'm just saying Virginia is another team who can surprise Miami and put GT back into the picture for the Coastal
Red I love your thinking. I think u are saying atomic is wrong in that u v a beats Miami and not ga tech .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I like the idea, and it is more likely than Miami getting suspended / forfeiting again. But I think Miami will beat UVa easily; just hope I'm wrong again.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I think 6-2 is a real possibility for us with the other loss coming to Clemson or VT but unfortunately I can't see Miami losing 3 since they own the tie breaker over us. Hopefully VT UVA or UNC and they drop a game to Pitt in the snow to close out the season. They have a good team and are getting the bounces that teams get when they win 10+ games. We got ours in 2014 at Pitt (5 times) and at UGA. Just one of those things in college football...