Updated Season Win Expectations

How many regular season wins will GT get?

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 3 2.4%

Votes: 6 4.9%

Votes: 30 24.4%

Votes: 42 34.1%

Votes: 31 25.2%

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had posted the expected win poll after our UCF game was cancelled. https://gtswarm.com/threads/updated-regular-season-wins-poll.12963/ Median expectation was 8 wins.

Since then we have won and lost a game. So at 3-2, the best we can do is 9-2.

I'll hang with 6 wins ..... we beat WF, UVa and Fluke. But lose big to Clemson and closer to VT and UGAg.

Atomic had us at 7 wins before the UM game and now has us at 6 wins. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Would 6 wins be a good season for most? I would think not. But if we can beat UGAg, that would make it a good season. That is now the most important game left on our schedule, including any bowl we go to.

GTFLETCH

Banned
7-4 or 6-5

Wake – W
Clemson – L
@ Virginia – W
Virginia Tech – W or L (Could go either way)
@ Duke – W
Georgia – L

I hope we will win the Bowl Game, However I would rather play UCF in Orlando in 2 Dec!!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
7-4 or 6-5

Wake – W
Clemson – L
@ Virginia – W
Virginia Tech – W or L (Could go either way)
@ Duke – W
Georgia – L

I hope we will win the Bowl Game, However I would rather play UCF in Orlando in 2 Dec!!
What bowl game against UCF?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Trying to put this in perspective that relates to missing one of our normal easy wins. If we include the certain win of ucf I was hoping for 8-9 to be good. Dropping that win , I am at 7-8. Adding in that Miami is ranked in or near 10th, by will be ranked, clemson is top 10, uga is top 5, makes me rethink to 6-7. I take 8 wins as great year.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
7-4

Honestly... I believe Clemson, VT, and UGA have as good or better defenses than Miami. I would expect nwe don't score.more than 20 in any of those games except with some help from Special Teams. Having said that I think our defense will have a VT like game from last year and we will be able to knock one of those teams off.

Also Wake and UVA will not be cakewalks this year. Those will be close games in the second half. Let's just hope our players make the plays they couldn't do yesterday

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I do like to say we will lose any game. But what I will say I think our hardest game will be Duke. I know people will think I'm dumb and I am but here is why I think that is the case. I think our defense is better than the last few years. But their strengths are our weakness short dump and screen passes with a few runs mixed in and a few passes to a TE. Duke the last 3 years have scored 31-34-35 against out Defense. with their offense and short passing game blitzing will not help the QB will make the pass before the blitz will get to him. CTR will need to do his homework and come up with a defense Duke has not seen. Can we stop them , yes if we fight off blocks and the first man can make the tackle.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Season seems eerily similar to 2015 to me. Hopefully we can turn it around but we are finding every way possible to lose. Similar to 2015, it seems you can literally pinpoint 3-4 plays where everything was setup correctly, it looked like it was about to be successful, and then something happened to fail and even even 1 of those 4 crazy plays goes correctly we win. Just can't explain some of these things.

The difficult thing is the 2 most clutch players we've had the past couple years are gone in JT and Butker and I think it shows. Taquon is doing great but seems to struggle on the deep ball. Seems there's a TD or 2 we haven't gotten this year due to it. He still made a hell of play this past week with a clutch throw that should've ended the game but just didn't happen.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Why haven't needed to pass lol.
We will against Clemson, UGa, and VPI&SU. They all have better defenses than Miami and we were stonewalled in the 2nd half yesterday.

We are who we are. Our guys play their hearts out. Our coaches come up with good plans. We just don't have the same quantity/caliber athletically. Anything can still happen...I'll root for us to the end.....but realistically we deserved to lose yesterday.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
We will against Clemson, UGa, and VPI&SU. They all have better defenses than Miami and we were stonewalled in the 2nd half yesterday.

We are who we are. Our guys play their hearts out. Our coaches come up with good plans. We just don't have the same quantity/caliber athletically. Anything can still happen...I'll root for us to the end.....but realistically we deserved to lose yesterday.
Disagree, they won on a play that happens 1 out of 50 times. The guys deserved to win. Also I think our passing game will get better. Think about it, against Miami we would have done better but Qua slipped on a ball that would have been a 1st down. Now if we do bad against those other teams then I'll agree but until we have to pass and can't do it I'll believe we can get the job done.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I had posted the expected win poll after our UCF game was cancelled. https://gtswarm.com/threads/updated-regular-season-wins-poll.12963/ Median expectation was 8 wins.

Since then we have won and lost a game. So at 3-2, the best we can do is 9-2.

I'll hang with 6 wins ..... we beat WF, UVa and Fluke. But lose big to Clemson and closer to VT and UGAg.

Atomic had us at 7 wins before the UM game and now has us at 6 wins. http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_9.html

Would 6 wins be a good season for most? I would think not. But if we can beat UGAg, that would make it a good season. That is now the most important game left on our schedule, including any bowl we go to.
I'll say 7-4...but I do think if we execute we can beat anyone.

So... same wins as @GTNavyNuke here... but add one upset of Clemson, VT or UGA.

I think we should prepare to maybe have 6 more nail biters. I would not be surprised if each of these last 6 games are all decided by single digit differentials. None of our remaining opponents is weak.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been on the 5-6 game wagon all season. Think next year is the year we get up to 8+ again. Schedule just isnt as favorable this year. Think we take Wake and Duke, with UVA and VT being toss ups and Clemson and uga as Losses. We could sneak out of Clemson with a W based on their QB situation. UGA is playing like a playoff team so we need some 2014 and 2016 juju to pull off a W there.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I do like to say we will lose any game. But what I will say I think our hardest game will be Duke. I know people will think I'm dumb and I am but here is why I think that is the case. I think our defense is better than the last few years. But their strengths are our weakness short dump and screen passes with a few runs mixed in and a few passes to a TE. Duke the last 3 years have scored 31-34-35 against out Defense. with their offense and short passing game blitzing will not help the QB will make the pass before the blitz will get to him. CTR will need to do his homework and come up with a defense Duke has not seen. Can we stop them , yes if we fight off blocks and the first man can make the tackle.
replace do with DO NOT need to watch what I type when drinking.