Update on seating for Notre Dame 2020

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that. Season tickets, if students are included, will be almost half of the stadium. I know my wife and the wife of the guy I go to games with want to go to that game. It is possible that only about 30k tickets will be available after ST holders get theirs plus extras. ND travels pretty well, and there are a lot of ND fans in Georgia. Those fans in Georgia weren't able to get tickets to the game at the mutts this year.

What will be embarrassing is if many GT season ticket holders sell their lower bowl tickets on the secondary market and the stadium is indeed full but with 90% ND fans. Depending on how the team does next season, I could see that as being more likely that a half empty stadium.
At least ND wears gold also so shouldn't be as noticeable.:)

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
It will be a "sell out". Will all the seats be full, now that's a different question.

Remember, this game is in November...if ND is charging towards a playoff spot and we are bowl eligible, it will be a great atmosphere.

GTFLETCH

Banned
I don't know about that. Season tickets, if students are included, will be almost half of the stadium. I know my wife and the wife of the guy I go to games with want to go to that game. It is possible that only about 30k tickets will be available after ST holders get theirs plus extras. ND travels pretty well, and there are a lot of ND fans in Georgia. Those fans in Georgia weren't able to get tickets to the game at the mutts this year.

What will be embarrassing is if many GT season ticket holders sell their lower bowl tickets on the secondary market and the stadium is indeed full but with 90% ND fans. Depending on how the team does next season, I could see that as being more likely that a half empty stadium.
Did you see how many ND fans traveled to Athens... 7K...maybe 10K tops.... You just said 30K from tech.... So 40K total in a 75K stadium will not look good on TV, maybe they (Benz and Tech staff) close the 300 level to ensure 40K in a 75K stadium doesn't look like a train wreck on TV...who knows

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you see how many ND fans traveled to Athens... 7K...maybe 10K tops.... You just said 30K from tech.... So 40K total in a 75K stadium will not look good on TV, maybe they (Benz and Tech staff) close the 300 level to ensure 40K in a 75K stadium doesn't look like a train wreck on TV...who knows

Yeah, but what were the seat allotment numbers for the UGA game. I am sure they probably had a hard time finding more than 10k available seats in the cesspool.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
ND was allotted 8,000 tickets in Athens. UGAg actually installed temporary bleachers to add 500 seats, because the standard visitor allotment there is 7,500. You know how rabid (literally) UGAg fans are for tickets, so I doubt many allowed theirs to get on the secondary market. I’m sure most of the ones that did ended up in other dwag hands. I’m sure for the MBS game Tech will have somewhere between 30k-40k, like most games. And if the season is somewhat of a surprising success that number could creep up to 45k. I’m expecting no less than 15k ND fans, maybe more if they’re still in the playoff hunt. Worst case scenario is that there’s 50k there, but I would bet on it being closer to 70,000 than 50,000, and probably a 60/40 GT/ND split.

LibertyTurns

Banned
In 2017 we sold 31,800 season tickets. Supposedly we were blowing the roof off what we did previously although no where did any news blast say exactly what we we sold this year. You would think we sold at least 32,000 and we average another 13-15k in individual tickets sales for ACC foes or other non-mutt FBS or atleast we used to average that for a total of around 45-47k.

65k is probably the absolute floor if for some reason ND craps the bed the rest of this year, but figure 70k or so is what is expected at a minimum which is essentially at capacity.

GTFLETCH

Banned
ND was allotted 8,000 tickets in Athens. UGAg actually installed temporary bleachers to add 500 seats, because the standard visitor allotment there is 7,500. You know how rabid (literally) UGAg fans are for tickets, so I doubt many allowed theirs to get on the secondary market. I’m sure most of the ones that did ended up in other dwag hands. I’m sure for the MBS game Tech will have somewhere between 30k-40k, like most games. And if the season is somewhat of a surprising success that number could creep up to 45k. I’m expecting no less than 15k ND fans, maybe more if they’re still in the playoff hunt. Worst case scenario is that there’s 50k there, but I would bet on it being closer to 70,000 than 50,000, and probably a 60/40 GT/ND split.
That would be Awesome....I enjoyed the GT/ Tenn game ( until the final score) Hope the ND/GT has same Gameday/Fan experience