Update on seating for Notre Dame 2020

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I would much rather see a packed and full lower bowl than lots of empty seats in the upper deck.

I'd rather us tarp off the top half of the upper north at BDS and fill in the upper decks on the sidelines too though.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
They better sell the upper deck
I'm sure they will if the demand is there. If not, they will probably lower the curtain walls that they use for the ATL UTD games when the upper deck is closed. If that's the case I hope they get some white and gold curtains instead of red and black.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I’d guess ND fans will fill the upper seats. I’d think that our season ticket holders would make up a pretty good percentage of the lower seats, but maybe not after this season.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m glad I’m not getting hosed like Tennessee. My seats this time appear to be where they belong. I ended up giving my Tennessee tickets away and buying some decent seats. I was not a happy camper for that deal.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It better be a sellout and a financial boon for the GTAA, that’s really the whole point of the move

It will not sell out. That wasn’t the goal. The goal was to take ownership of the suites and sell those out. As TStan said, there is far more demand for suites and BDS can’t supply that.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It will not sell out. That wasn’t the goal. The goal was to take ownership of the suites and sell those out. As TStan said, there is far more demand for suites and BDS can’t supply that.
It should pretty damn well sellout. It’s Notre Dame, we’ll have had had nearly 2 damn years of rebuilding by then, it’s at Mercedes Benz stadium, etc.

On a side note, someone tell TStan to put people in the empty suites each game if he wants to complain about not having enough suites to sell. On the other hand if there’s some rich dude buying up suites and doesn’t have anybody to sit in them, shoot me a PM and I’ll line my buddies up to stuff the box full. We’ll be there every Saturday 2 hrs prior to the end of the game, every game guaranteed.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Prepare for a huge embarrassment

I don't know about that. Season tickets, if students are included, will be almost half of the stadium. I know my wife and the wife of the guy I go to games with want to go to that game. It is possible that only about 30k tickets will be available after ST holders get theirs plus extras. ND travels pretty well, and there are a lot of ND fans in Georgia. Those fans in Georgia weren't able to get tickets to the game at the mutts this year.

What will be embarrassing is if many GT season ticket holders sell their lower bowl tickets on the secondary market and the stadium is indeed full but with 90% ND fans. Depending on how the team does next season, I could see that as being more likely that a half empty stadium.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="RonJohn, post: 647258, member: 2426"
What will be embarrassing is if many GT season ticket holders sell their lower bowl tickets on the secondary market and the stadium is indeed full but with 90% ND fans. Depending on how the team does next season, I could see that as being more likely that a half empty stadium.[/QUOTE]
So like when we play uga at home

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So like when we play uga at home

That game is probably usually 50-60% mutts. It might be 90% this year.

The really bad thing about that game is that the people in the club seats sell their tickets to mutts fans at an extremely high rate. There is too much red in the stadium in general, but the normal view on TV looks like a mutt home game. Since that area is gated off and goes through a separate entrance gate, they should implement a no-visiting team apparel rule for that gate. If the guys with club seats can't sell their tickets on the secondary market with that restriction, then too bad for them.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If You think we will sell out MBS I’m sorry it’s not gonna happen. Hopefully they will use the banner things they put down during the ATL UTD games sometimes and it makes MBS like 50,000 capacity.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If You think we will sell out MBS I’m sorry it’s not gonna happen. Hopefully they will use the banner things they put down during the ATL UTD games sometimes and it makes MBS like 50,000 capacity.

I’m afraid I will have to agree with this. STH are about 24,000. Students will add another 6,000 or so. GT fans will pick up another 20,000. That’s 50,ooo.

Will ND pick up 30K? I think 10 is more like it. I call it at 60-65. The suites will sell out though.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I’m afraid I will have to agree with this. STH are about 24,000. Students will add another 6,000 or so. GT fans will pick up another 20,000. That’s 50,ooo.

Will ND pick up 30K? I think 10 is more like it. I call it at 60-65. The suites will sell out though.

Stadium capacity is only 71,000

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It better be a sellout and a financial boon for the GTAA, that’s really the whole point of the move

Not sure that's the whole point of it, helps in branding and recruiting supposedly. We need badly to develop more sidewalk alums. ND draws, think that may have been the main reason tobacco road mafia decided to give them the deal they did originally.