Update on Myles Autry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigb

Jolly Good Fellow
Can't consider Tech, when they aren't considering you.

Is this because he asked for the release or something else?

I know the Tech coaches would never have dared telling him he can't come as long as the LOI was valid but had they already started to hope he wouldn't enroll?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Is this because he asked for the release or something else?

I know the Tech coaches would never have dared telling him he can't come as long as the LOI was valid but had they already started to hope he wouldn't enroll?

Like I said earlier...It was just best that both parties went in different directions.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="Eric, post: 62709, member: Commit, Kyle Henderson.[/QUOTE]
Love this guy, @Eric i sent you a dm dont know if youve seen it or have had time too just let me know

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to Myles.

I will say this. If either of the Austin twins finds their way to AB, or once the our current AB commits get to GT in 2015, GT fans will forget that Myles was once a GT signee. That's not a knock against Myles, I just like the overall skillset of those guys more at the AB position than I do Myles's skillset for the position.

With that, this thread is done for me.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
As has been noted elsewhere, looks like some of these freshmen are going to have to play right away. I hope being an early enrollee pays off for them and Whitehead can get into school and start wreaking havoc on the field. Since next year's signing class now figures to be one of the biggest (hopefully best) in a long time, maybe some of them can be redshirted and PJ can start replenishing the roster.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
All this attrition just feels like the last gasp of a purge as our program moves to another level.

I think the last of it is over and the 2015 class will make recent losses a distant memory.

This has been somewhat exhausting and I, for one, am ready to put this behind us move on. I'll be glad when toe meets leather in a few weeks that just can't get here fast enough.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
But that leaves a question hanging. Autry says on his twitter that Tech is still in consideration. In your opinion is he just saying that to save face? Was he basically given the boot? How does this work?
Yeah the basis of my encouraging post was what Myles said in his tweet. As I mentioned before I see no good in being anything other than encouraging for the possible benefit of some recruit who may read these threads or end up hearing the arguments presented in them. When everything is actually and truly final then obviously I wouldn't say something meant to persuade. It doesn't even have anything to do with my personal optimism or pessimism or views of the recruit in question.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
He just tweeted again that he was considering us still...........that makes no sense at all. Why ask to be released but then still consider coming back? And he makes it sound like he has thousands of offers, and from big schools like UGA, Oregon, & Tenn. he is just making GT and himself look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.