Up the vibe!

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
As I recall, seating for students was on a first come first serve basis in the lower and upper east stands, i.e. behind the opponents bench, during my time, 93-95, at Tech. I was told to sit down by an older alum during the Arizona game, and I told him to stand up, because if I sat down I would not be able to see because of all the other students standing in front of me. After the game he apologized to me, but maybe the student seating was changed to accommodate/appease the complaints of older alum who did not wish to have their views blocked by standing students. I was shocked when I visited and attended the BC game and the students were shoved into the south stands behind the goal posts. I thought if I were still a student, then I would not waste my valuable study time attending games from those seats.

You realize some of the highest dollar tickets are right above the student section in the South Endzone.

When I went to Tech we sat in the Lower and upper east near the north endzone. I am pretty sure student got limited to those areas because of the fish incident against ND.
There is nothing wrong with the seats the students get. They need to come to the game. Stop slotting frat sections, they do not show.
I personally don’t want to stand the entire game not any game. I enjoy watching the play and I do cheer. Most of the people who stand around me aren’t even paying attention to the game or are rude to the 12 year olds or even worse the 1952 alumni that gave up and stopped coming. There is a balance here.

Standing has nothing to do with atmosphere.
It’s all about the product in the field.
I agree having some Atlanta entertainers would help make Trch the cool thing but see above.

If we are competitive the place will rock. It’s that simple.
Apathy has set in right now. It’s the worst place to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I do wonder if a pre-game concert series highlighting local rap/hip-hop/country artists might be doable. With the right people and sponsorships involved, it could be promoted on local radio as a must-do event...."The Coca-Cola Georgia Tech Kickoff Concert Series". Six games, six artists.

I realize getting "name brand" artists costs money, but could get hundreds of people in the vicinity of the stadium. Then, we simply have to have an entertaining product inside the stadium that people just can't resist*.

*easier said than done.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All I know is that Atlanta United managed to build from scratch a strong fan base and a vibrant stadium atmosphere. With zero history and zero ties to local folks. (Heck, half the team doesn't even speak english!) Yet, they outdraw us and outfan us every weekend.

Ponder that.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
All I know is that Atlanta United managed to build from scratch a strong fan base and a vibrant stadium atmosphere. With zero history and zero ties to local folks. (Heck, half the team doesn't even speak english!) Yet, they outdraw us and outfan us every weekend.

Ponder that.
Lots of reasons the main one being no competition for soccer fans.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I will say this. Atlanta holds 0 to no loyalty for teams. It's all about alcohol, lights, and entertainment. Professional sports teams have caught on to this. Heck the hawks added a faux golf range and a barber shop to their stadium....

Take a look at SunTrust. Their is a friggin carnival in part of the stadium, along with the battery literally being 15 diff percent bars, even the bagel shop has a bar window!!!!
You want a sidewalk fan and to grow the fanbase, then look to that. The days of growing the old school diehard fan are dwindling. Yes we all in here are diehards otherwise why are we on a fan forum??? It may be hard to admit or see that the future of sporting events is changing and rapidly, but it is. The game is no longer enough, ESPECIALLY when you're LOSING. As our offense gives us an "edge" against bigger and better opponents, our stadium and fanfests need to as well. If we lead the way with new technology (being a tech school) being implemented into the stadium and around it, we can make Saturdays on the Flats the "IT" place to be. But if we hope winning will change the minds of people who trust or willing to trust a uga brand much more than a gt brand then we are mistaken. Uga has been winning more and longer in recent days. If we want to compete then we must raise money for a "modern" sporting event day on the flats. Cold beer, less stuffiness about past donors, and more pumped music. Bobby Dodd needs to be a party scene otherwise you'll continue to get what you have. The occasional 50k fans for when the better team comes to town. If you want 45-50k in there against a bowling green, duke, unc, Virginia game? Then we need to make changes drastically and quickly.