Up the vibe!

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Hahaha I just posted this. Almost same time as this one .
Please merge my post into this one. As I believe this is mandatory for the survival of the program. Otherwise watch is slowly drift into oblivion

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
That is a solid write-up. So many things could be done differently at BDS. It may take shaking up the old guard, but it would be worth it. I like the idea of getting the handful of students that attend the game in one central area.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That is a solid write-up. So many things could be done differently at BDS. It may take shaking up the old guard, but it would be worth it. I like the idea of getting the handful of students that attend the game in one central area.

Actually, I don't know if I'm "old guard" or not. But I am old. I have noticed a general decline in the game day experience over the years. I would support anything that improves the experience and increases attendance (especially attendance prior to kickoff). And have seen many good ideas here on this forum. Culture can be changed!

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
Sports are just another form of entertainment and stuff like this attracts folks who normally would have no reason to be interested. Tech people have been very bad at athletic marketing over the years so probably needs to be handled by someone with a different background so new ideas can actually be brought to the table....we are in a great location for making an event out of games when compared to campuses not in a major city. It would also help make Tech more apart of the local community...its amazing sometimes how fast our reach ends right next to campus.

Old School

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone send this article to Stansbury. I can’t take much more of the stupid video board stuff like shots of people playing fake bongos. I mean, we’re getting our cans kicked, the atmosphere is flat, and we’ve got some dumb skit playing on the video board. It doesn’t get much more bush league than that. I left at halftime, and so did the recruits. Saw em all outside edge when I was leaving. In response to the question by Maximus, I was not entertained.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

In the early 70s, with the upperclassmen in the upper east and the rats and flash card section in the lower east, the old place got pretty loud and there was a lot of energy.

LibertyTurns

Banned
In the early 70s, with the upperclassmen in the upper east and the rats and flash card section in the lower east, the old place got pretty loud and there was a lot of energy.
That’s back when your date used to be able to bring your flask into the game in her purse. A lot has changed since then.

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
As I recall, seating for students was on a first come first serve basis in the lower and upper east stands, i.e. behind the opponents bench, during my time, 93-95, at Tech. I was told to sit down by an older alum during the Arizona game, and I told him to stand up, because if I sat down I would not be able to see because of all the other students standing in front of me. After the game he apologized to me, but maybe the student seating was changed to accommodate/appease the complaints of older alum who did not wish to have their views blocked by standing students. I was shocked when I visited and attended the BC game and the students were shoved into the south stands behind the goal posts. I thought if I were still a student, then I would not waste my valuable study time attending games from those seats.

Last edited:

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s back when your date used to be able to bring your flask into the game in her purse. A lot has changed since then.

It may be harder in student section, but I've never had any issues getting in a flask. Although metal flasks won't make the cut anymore.

DISCLAIMER: I haven't flasked a game in almost two years now. Think I"m growing up.