Untitled

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Well then I guess you need to start doing some cartwheels. :D Because we have 6 OL commits. All 6 of them are 6'4" or taller. 2 are 6'6" or taller. 2 are over 300 lbs and the smallest is 270 lbs. We also have 3 DL commits greater than 240 lbs.

From what I can see, we are well committed in this area. We could use at least 1 true DT, but otherwise we're pretty close.

My biggest concern is at the LB position. Of our LBs who were on the field this year, only 1 was an LB in high school. Thats important (in my opinion), because an LB out of high school has likely spent several years growing up through football and learning all the nuances of that position and flows and reacts more naturally during play. We have 1 true LB commit right now, although I think 1 or 2 of the DEs might end up being a flex DE/LB. I think our LB play is a big opportunity for improvement on this team. And yes I realize 2 of our starters were eventually injured and out for the season.

I suspect you are right we are done for this class with offensive linemen. I don't worry too much about stars with offensive linemen. The bust rate for highly rated offensive linemen is probably greater than for any other position. It is more important that Coach Key gets what HE wants. He knows what he is doing so we just have to trust the process. One more TRUE defensive tackle should be a top priority for this recruiting class. Blackmail him, bribe him. hold his family for ransom, do whatever you gotta do but get one. There has got to be a defensive tackle somewhere that is interested in ATL, 404, and whatever else we are selling these days.