'Unsung Hero of the Game' award...

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Not according to what was said during the broadcast and also during the Clemson/USCe game. The mixed officiating would be consistent with what I've heard before too. However, I could be wrong and don't have a strong opinion on the matter. I didn't read the rule; just going by what was reported.
I was told that the various conferences used different equipment for review and that was the reason for using home officials for review. That info was from last year and may have changed.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
...goes to the SEC refs.

Did anyone notice on (u)GA's final scoring drive in regulation that on the 'incomplete pass' review, the refs set the clock all the way back to 38 seconds—which was what the clock read at the start of that play? They whistled the play dead and called for the review with the clock at 0:22, and the play had not been over for more than 4-5 seconds at that point. A realistic reset would have been to reset the clock to something like 0:28, tops.

The homer refs obviously gave the dwags extra—and undeserved—time to get their needed TD. If they had given a fair clock reset, we would have had less than 10 seconds left in regulation, and even with the pooch-kick, it would have been over for us. Instead, we had just enough time to get off a play to get into field goal range.

Thank you, SEC officials! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Fwiw, this is wrong. The play started at 41 sec, and the ball hit the ground incomplete at 38 sec.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, this is wrong. The play started at 41 sec, and the ball hit the ground incomplete at 38 sec.

Oops--I stand corrected. It really did not seem like a full 18 seconds between the whistle and the decision to review the catch. Unfortunately, I did not have the luxury of rewinding to review the exact timing.

Still, this particular perception error on my part doesn't change the fact that there was some home cookin' going on in the game.

Why was the JT fumble return play not blown dead? Why was that second fumble of his not an incomplete pass? These are pretty basic calls.
Vegas called in at halftime and told the refs to make the game close because everyone started betting on tech to win the game. Called making $$$$. Everyone wins except UGAg.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I think they missed a big time hold on the fake FG attempt, when kicker ran right, the guy leading just reached out and grabbed the Tech defender and pulled him down, It was in open field and I don't know how the refs didn't see that.

DawgCatcher

Georgia Tech Fan
I think they missed a big time hold on the fake FG attempt, when kicker ran right, the guy leading just reached out and grabbed the Tech defender and pulled him down, It was in open field and I don't know how the refs didn't see that.

I saw a targeting shot that was never called and a blatantly obvious O-line hold on UGA when Mason was in the pocket ready to pass that any umpire would've clearly seen. UGA only had 2 PENALTIES the entire game for a loss of 20 yards. Not a single holding call was EVER called on UGA. What are the odds???

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
There was another one on the Chubb run down to the 1. uga lineman grabbed one of our buys by the pads and took him to the ground. That run wouldn't have gone anywhere if he wasn't held.