Unlikely but great forgiveness.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
When Uga wins the NC this year, their fanbase will become even more insufferable than they already are. Especially the Walmart Fan contingent. I don't look forward to having to deal with that for the foreseeable future. At least I would not hear about 1980 anymore.

GT pulling off a legit miracle and beating the dawgs this year would be the greatest thing ever. They could cruise on to the NC and I would not care at all.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll consider forgiving the failures of this season only if we’re in position to run out the clock with the lead but first we call a time out and play Prince’s 1999 in BDS. Anything less and I’m done with this whole coaching staff.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
3-3 was the one of greatest wins in Tech history. It would take a "Miracle on Ice" scenario to beat UGA.
So barring an upset and after they do win the natty, any talk of us owning the 404 is simply ridiculous. We can't even get our "hometown" paper to write about us everyday.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Didn't they just lose their starting LB and first round draft pick because he was arrested for a rape charge this week? To be clear, I am not happy about any of this for the lady involved.
They lose players all the time due to police issues

Holy crap. I think he leads them in sacks

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I guess it would be really cool if CGC finally got his 10th win over 3 seasons against the mutts, assuming we don’t beat the Irish next weekend. We need to win out so CGC can tie Bill Lewis with 11 wins in 3 seasons. Bill Freaking Lewis, whose name is frequently written on here like B*** L**** because it’s like a dirty word.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think GC will go down as a failed experiment in the history of GT football history. He must have been coming up with this stuff as an assistant. If I ever become a head coach this is the way I will do it differently. Actually it might work if he had hired decent assistants.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It’s funny (not funny) that the last time the mutts won the Natty, Tech football was in the toilet. History seems to be repeating itself 41 years later. Maybe 2031 is our year. 😉

jmahone

Georgia Tech Fan
We've all said a 1-11 season is worth it if that victory is against the mutts! How about a 6-6 record with a bowl and beat the number 1 team in the land to get bowl eligible?
It can happen....
View attachment 11565
I went around our dorm floor for two weeks prior to this game saying we were going to beat UGAg, and no one was buying it. Once in a while, a broken clock is right, I suppose!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I have a bad feeling about the UGA game. UGA's FEI rankings for offense is #3 and for defense it's #1. Hate on UGA, but that's incredible. Given all of the 4 the 404 and ATL stuff GT uses in recruiting, I have a feeling Smart wants to send a message and hang a big one on CGC.

The one thing Smart might do is pull his key guys early if they're up comfortably since they'll have the SEC championship the following week and will want all of his players healthy for that.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We could pull off a miracle and still potentially see them hoist the trophy. And we’d still have fewer wins in 3 seasons than they did this regular season.

It would buy him some good will for about 9 months until he finds a way to lose to Western Carolina.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
With all of the negativity on this board, we don’t really need to dig into just how unlikely this is. But I feel like I speak for everyone here when I say that if Geoff pulls off a miracle against UGA I will easily forget the pain inflicted by the entire season.
I think it would go down as one of the biggest upsets in cfb history, seeing how our season has compared to theirs. It could be written off as the biggest fluke and not raise GT’s poor national picture whatsoever but seeing my UGA friends experience the same yearly agony of being beaten off their high horse but to a MUCH more extreme degree will make this one of my favorite GT seasons ever. Tell me I’m wrong, talk me out of this potentially nasty perspective. But IF it happens, I will print out a picture of CGC and put it on my bedside for awhile.
It’s okay to dream, right?
Sure it is OK to dream but there is a greater likelihood of the moon falling out of the sky.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Oh crap that would mess up fishing
In my lifetime, I have either seen on TV or watched in person these 5 beatdowns:
1968 8-47 UGA was ranked #7 and SEC champs. Some people think this was Dooley's best team until the national championship year.
1981 7-44 UGA was ranked #2
1993 10-43 UGA was unranked and still stomped us. This one may have been the worst but it was Bill Lewis.
2002 7-51 UGA did not have a great team that year but Chan made them look pretty good in this one.
2019 7-52 UGA was ranked #4. Did not matter. The worst point differential in the series. A quick tip for Geoff. If you lose to your state rival like this, all the marketing gimmicks in the world won't help.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
In my lifetime, I have either seen on TV or watched in person these 5 beatdowns:
1968 8-47 UGA was ranked #7 and SEC champs. Some people think this was Dooley's best team until the national championship year.
1981 7-44 UGA was ranked #2
1993 10-43 UGA was unranked and still stomped us. This one may have been the worst but it was Bill Lewis.
2002 7-51 UGA did not have a great team that year but Chan made them look pretty good in this one.
2019 7-52 UGA was ranked #4. Did not matter. The worst point differential in the series. A quick tip for Geoff. If you lose to your state rival like this, all the marketing gimmicks in the world won't help.
Lets hope they use the mercy rule for this one