Unlikely but great forgiveness.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
With all of the negativity on this board, we don’t really need to dig into just how unlikely this is. But I feel like I speak for everyone here when I say that if Geoff pulls off a miracle against UGA I will easily forget the pain inflicted by the entire season.
I think it would go down as one of the biggest upsets in cfb history, seeing how our season has compared to theirs. It could be written off as the biggest fluke and not raise GT’s poor national picture whatsoever but seeing my UGA friends experience the same yearly agony of being beaten off their high horse but to a MUCH more extreme degree will make this one of my favorite GT seasons ever. Tell me I’m wrong, talk me out of this potentially nasty perspective. But IF it happens, I will print out a picture of CGC and put it on my bedside for awhile.
It’s okay to dream, right?

TheJuiceIsLoose404

Jolly Good Fellow
The gaggers are getting pretty cocky right about now. I guess they think since the Braves won that essentially lifted “the curse” and locked them into some guaranteed title. Setting themselves up for disappointment for sure. Honestly their own cockiness is the main reason I think they don’t win the natty, it’s their own worst enemy.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
With all of the negativity on this board, we don’t really need to dig into just how unlikely this is. But I feel like I speak for everyone here when I say that if Geoff pulls off a miracle against UGA I will easily forget the pain inflicted by the entire season.
I think it would go down as one of the biggest upsets in cfb history, seeing how our season has compared to theirs. It could be written off as the biggest fluke and not raise GT’s poor national picture whatsoever but seeing my UGA friends experience the same yearly agony of being beaten off their high horse but to a MUCH more extreme degree will make this one of my favorite GT seasons ever. Tell me I’m wrong, talk me out of this potentially nasty perspective. But IF it happens, I will print out a picture of CGC and put it on my bedside for awhile.
It’s okay to dream, right?
Nothing wrong with dreaming at all. I'm dreaming too but I have a feeling we'll both wake up and realize that we actually did beat uga.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If CGC is able to beat the dwags, I'll give him my undying support for at least 10 years.
love it!
i thought that Chan G was a slow death for our program that was in terrible debt.

When we hired Coach - i promised to never say ANYTHING NEGATIVE - about him.
i met him shortly after i he got the job- told him "glad you are on board and THWG" - he smiled and said thank you.
i miss Coach - his ol coach not some much.

I all in with Collins or some one like him (super cheap recruiting type head coach and expensive staff).

but yea beat uga in few weeks and 10 years sounds about right.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That would work for me. The thing is, though, unless we got 8 turnovers, I doubt we could beat them even if all their starters sat it out. They have only been challenged once all season. No one puts up enough points to win against them. It would take a miracle.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
That would work for me. The thing is, though, unless we got 8 turnovers, I doubt we could beat them even if all their starters sat it out. They have only been challenged once all season. No one puts up enough points to win against them. It would take a miracle.
Our defense would have to score about 30 :) I am enjoying the dreaming right now

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
The gaggers are getting pretty cocky right about now. I guess they think since the Braves won that essentially lifted “the curse” and locked them into some guaranteed title. Setting themselves up for disappointment for sure. Honestly their own cockiness is the main reason I think they don’t win the natty, it’s their own worst enemy.
But didn’t the Braves also lift “the curse” in ‘95?

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC has a spread option team with all the good players on it and will use it against UGH.
Didn't Coach Alex do something like that one of his first years as head coach?
Bob THWG

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We have about as small of a chance at winning that game as we ever have. I guess it could happen, but more likely we turn the ball over about 4 times and get killed.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
CGC has a spread option team with all the good players on it and will use it against UGH.
Didn't Coach Alex do something like that one of his first years as head coach?
Bob THWG
Yes. Let’s get the hoses out and wet down the field after Thanksgiving to make it a mud bath a la 1927

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Us beating ug this season would be less likely than USA beating the Russians in hockey at the ‘80 olympics, it would take a truly miraculous effort and a lot of luck from all involved.

a more realistic upset possibility would be ND, that plus a decent showing vs. ug would give me some hope for next season....

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
We've all said a 1-11 season is worth it if that victory is against the mutts! How about a 6-6 record with a bowl and beat the number 1 team in the land to get bowl eligible?
It can happen....
EWNt8k4WoAE_V_Z.jpeg

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Didn't they just lose their starting LB and first round draft pick because he was arrested for a rape charge this week? To be clear, I am not happy about any of this for the lady involved.
They lose players all the time due to police issues