Unleashing CTR's Defense

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Branch brings some nice pass rush from the DT position teams may have a hard time deciding who to double up with him and Adams on the field together

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It all starts up front. Until improvements are displayed in games I remain very cautious. I do like the potential of Branch and Adams. The front is still very unproven though and if they can't hold their own everyone behind them will appear subpar.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's not just the players. We seem to be dead set on bull rush for first 2 seconds and then reading. After 2 seconds Our smaller defensive players are wrapped up using legal holding.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Branch looked really good on the DL. I think the DL as a unit takes a huge step forward this year. I think between Brant Mitchell, Vic, TL, and BJS we will be solid and maybe one of them turns into a stud. Secondary I think will be really good especially if the pass rush improves.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am interested to hear what some of you think BM's strengths are. I am by no means knocking him, and I have seen him be a sure tackler when makes contact, but I am struggling to get on board with the high expectations. Help me out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am interested to hear what some of you think BM's strengths are. I am by no means knocking him, and I have seen him be a sure tackler when makes contact, but I am struggling to get on board with the high expectations. Help me out.
Me too. You have to be at the ball carrier to tackle the ballcarrier.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I share your concerns based on last season, but apparantly the coaches are very high on him still

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
His size probably being his most notable strength. Other than that nothing really stands out. I'm not at practice, so I'm not really informed on what he does to make him standout. Hopefully last season was him just being overwhelmed with what CTR threw at him.

I was thinking more what you've seen on film. Is that somethign you really have to be at practice to see?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
His size probably being his most notable strength. Other than that nothing really stands out. I'm not at practice, so I'm not really informed on what he does to make him standout. Hopefully last season was him just being overwhelmed with what CTR threw at him.

He has in the box size yet....

Doesnt get off blocks well in spread zone schemes.
Gets consumed in pursuit wash
Is one step too slow and one thought too slow to diagnose his flats read working inside out
Like with many mlbs is really bad in coverage drops and get lost at times exposing some of the S covg especially notice this is quarter quarter half covg where the quarters S needs to take 2 or 3 on the pass off. Scheme also makes this hard on him.
Not a natural blitzer. Although our scheme puts him at a disadvantage here.

Plays well downhill. Does well with a one gap blow up the hole assignment. As a result looks better vs power run teams in iform and iso type plays. And in fact looks better vs ourselves. Looks better when its not read shed and react if the offense gives him an easy single look he plays effectively. Probably sleeps well at night vs teams where the TE is more a blocker. Takes on FB well....we just dont play many teams that use that scheme.

My view is he is a role player on most teams. it is really hard for me to think he cant be challenged for his spot. But. I have my biases vs roof as to many reasons so whatev

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He has in the box size yet....

Doesnt get off blocks well in spread zone schemes.
Gets consumed in pursuit wash
Is one step too slow and one thought too slow to diagnose his flats read working inside out
Like with many mlbs is really bad in coverage drops and get lost at times exposing some of the S covg especially notice this is quarter quarter half covg where the quarters S needs to take 2 or 3 on the pass off. Scheme also makes this hard on him.
Not a natural blitzer. Although our scheme puts him at a disadvantage here.

Plays well downhill. Does well with a one gap blow up the hole assignment. As a result looks better vs power run teams in iform and iso type plays. And in fact looks better vs ourselves. Looks better when its not read shed and react if the offense gives him an easy single look he plays effectively. Probably sleeps well at night vs teams where the TE is more a blocker. Takes on FB well....we just dont play many teams that use that scheme.

My view is he is a role player on most teams. it is really hard for me to think he cant be challenged for his spot. But. I have my biases vs roof as to many reasons so whatev
Daniel Drummond 2.0?