Uniform

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I keep looking at the video too. I swear I thought it was black as well. In fact, go back and look at the close up part of the GT on the pants. Does it not look like a black GT?

Added. Here. This GT. I swear this looks black. But if so, why would this be black, and nothing else be?

cb7a8e846436a88c31dfd3b52a394dd2.jpg

Regardless of what think they are seeing - we have no black on our unis.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually, the visiting team has the choice to object to the home team wearing White.

If we want to wear White shirts at home, the visitor has to approve. It has nothing to do with allowing visitor to wear dark shirt at our place.

Actually...we are both right. In the example I was replying to above, of us wearing a dark color(onyx gray or navy blue) to keep UGA from wearing red, and supersize saying that UGA would still wear red, in that instance, yes, UGA would have to have permission:

“Is it possible for the visiting team to wear their home (colored) jerseys?
This is possible, under these conditions (Rule 1-4-5-b):
• The home team must agree in writing before the game.
• The home team’s conference must certify that the color of the visiting team’s
jersey is in contrast with that of the home team.”

In the case of us wearing white (our traditional home jersey color), and therefore UGA (or anyone else) wearing their primary color, then yes, you are correct:

“What are the rules about jersey colors for opposing teams?
By rule the visiting team must wear white jerseys. This means white, which does not include light gray, pale yellow, etc. The home team may wear white, but only if they get written agreement with the visiting team before the season starts (Rule 1-4-5-b).”

So if we wore dark for a home UGA game, they couldn’t wear dark (red) without our permission. If we want to wear white at BDS, then the visiting team must agree to it on paper.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Lol. I do still understand tradition and our colors and all of that, and I still personally prefer most of my GT gear to be gold, but I also do understand the affinity for so much navy. Navy is popular, even when I was a student at Tech in the mid-late ‘90s. Many, many students preferred navy, and lots that I knew thought of the navy jerseys as “special occasion” jerseys. There was always a lot of excitement when the football team wore navy. Players even liked the navy. Heck, many still do. There seems to be a BIG divide on navy based on age.

Screenshot from twitter today:

e53e561e1749f5104af48da21e7448aa.jpg

e15581eea6b20f1f38a9a4de69794f28.jpg
He didn’t say anything about the navy. Just about wearing white at home which I don’t like. Should wear gold at home every time

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
He didn’t say anything about the navy. Just about wearing white at home which I don’t like. Should wear gold at home every time

Are you referring to Jalen Johnson, the tweet I posted a screenshot of? There’s literally a blue jersey IN his profile photo, and in a reply he asks someone why they don’t like the navy color. I think it’s somewhat safe to say he likes navy. Lol.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Actually...we are both right. In the example I was replying to above, of us wearing a dark color(onyx gray or navy blue) to keep UGA from wearing red, and supersize saying that UGA would still wear red, in that instance, yes, UGA would have to have permission:

“Is it possible for the visiting team to wear their home (colored) jerseys?
This is possible, under these conditions (Rule 1-4-5-b):
• The home team must agree in writing before the game.
• The home team’s conference must certify that the color of the visiting team’s
jersey is in contrast with that of the home team.”

In the case of us wearing white (our traditional home jersey color), and therefore UGA (or anyone else) wearing their primary color, then yes, you are correct:

“What are the rules about jersey colors for opposing teams?
By rule the visiting team must wear white jerseys. This means white, which does not include light gray, pale yellow, etc. The home team may wear white, but only if they get written agreement with the visiting team before the season starts (Rule 1-4-5-b).”

So if we wore dark for a home UGA game, they couldn’t wear dark (red) without our permission. If we want to wear white at BDS, then the visiting team must agree to it on paper.

Good research. Thx

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I still don't care if we wear blue, but I will never understand us wearing blue against Pitt (I don't care if Pitt changed their colors recently).
It's all strategic. It makes it slightly more difficult for the refs to figure out which team to favor when we look like Pitt at first glance. Genius.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have always thought if we gonna wear blue, it should be dark Navy blue, like the Braves. You can't tell Braves' blue isn't black until you contrast it with the black on the umpires. I much prefer our classic GWG but can live with this as an alternate uni. Also will make nice looking golf shirts.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk