Uniform

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey students if you come to the game you can get a pair of navy socks!!! Wow lololol

Lol. I do still understand tradition and our colors and all of that, and I still personally prefer most of my GT gear to be gold, but I also do understand the affinity for so much navy. Navy is popular, even when I was a student at Tech in the mid-late ‘90s. Many, many students preferred navy, and lots that I knew thought of the navy jerseys as “special occasion” jerseys. There was always a lot of excitement when the football team wore navy. Players even liked the navy. Heck, many still do. There seems to be a BIG divide on navy based on age.

Screenshot from twitter today:

e53e561e1749f5104af48da21e7448aa.jpg

e15581eea6b20f1f38a9a4de69794f28.jpg

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Like it. Panthers are in their old school traditional yellow and lighter blue and we are in a nifty gold, black, gold. Let's get it on and may the best team win.

Upon further review, the video makes it look as though it is a very dark blue instead of black. I am cool with that as well but that is the darkest shade of blue I have ever seen.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Upon further review, the video makes it look as though it is a very dark blue instead of black. I am cool with that as well but that is the darkest shade of blue I have ever seen.

I keep looking at the video too. I swear I thought it was black as well. In fact, go back and look at the close up part of the GT on the pants. Does it not look like a black GT?

Added. Here. This GT. I swear this looks black. But if so, why would this be black, and nothing else be?

cb7a8e846436a88c31dfd3b52a394dd2.jpg

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I keep looking at the video too. I swear I thought it was black as well. In fact, go back and look at the close up part of the GT on the pants. Does it not look like a black GT?

Added. Here. This GT. I swear this looks black. But if so, why would this be black, and nothing else be?

because we are Tech and we can do anything we want, other than getting a good pass rush, but we are working on it.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

It's hard to tell but when I watch the video and stop it right there and the brightness on my laptop screen is set pretty high I can see a difference in the color between the jet black bars on the sides (on my screen the bars are on the sides instead of top and bottom like your screen shot) and the GT and stripe. When I view them like they appear more dark navy than black. But I have to admit that I have a pair of socks that are dark navy blue and unless I put a pair of black socks next to them I can't tell the difference. But next to each other, or when there's other navy blue next to them, I can tell they are blue.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

I looked at it for the third time and by golly it is a very DARK NAVY blue. One more shade darker and it would be black or something. Pretty cool looking uniform in any case. Much better than that French blue they wore at the bowl game.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

It's hard to say because of how much shadow is in that pic, but it is 100% dark navy.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's hard to say because of how much shadow is in that pic, but it is 100% dark navy.
I thought you said it was hard to say , but you said it pretty easy. That is kind of like my wife she will say it's hard to tell you why I'm mad at you and it don't seem to be that hard for her to say why. Sometimes it's a long story and I stop listening and then I make the mistake to say what did you say.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I thought you said it was hard to say , but you said it pretty easy. That is kind of like my wife she will say it's hard to tell you why I'm mad at you and it don't seem to be that hard for her to say why. Sometimes it's a long story and I stop listening and then I make the mistake to say what did you say.
Lol! I guess I mean't it's hard to tell with just the eyes. I opened a color picker and looked at some of the samples and the majority of them were clearly blue. Just looking at it, it wasn't obvious.

Edit:
Here is an image that compares the average color of the stripe vs straight black.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 5.56.42 PM.png

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Lol! I guess I mean't it's hard to tell with just the eyes. I opened a color picker and looked at some of the samples and the majority of them were clearly blue. Just looking at it, it wasn't obvious.

Edit:
Here is an image that compares the average color of the stripe vs straight black.
View attachment 7094

That settles it. The bottom color is definitely black and the top color is... um violet?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I do have to kind of agree. I know we have a tradition of white shirts at home, but that also ALWAYS allows our opponent to wear their primary color in our house. I’d prefer gold as our home jersey for this reason, but if not gold shirts, I’m ok with these navy shirts, as long as it’s gold hats and pants like this combo. I’d actually prefer the onyx gray jerseys from cape day to navy though. Those gray shirts, gold hats, gold pants with gray accents would be a really nice look!

Yeah, those onyx shirts might provide a very interesting look with the Gold hat & pants. But colorado (official colors silver & Gold) might claim that.

If we wear Gold hats & Blue shirts I would prefer White pants. G/B/G looks kinda blah at GF.

I would hate to wear G/W/G every game, but LSU has done well with that combo most of the time. I have noticed they have gone to dark shirts at home vs non-conference.

More than any color combo, I wish we would have more traditional trim, no names on jersies and a true imitation of the Texas uni with a great Old Gold shirt, white masks, no hat stripes uni. Add a single, full length Gold pant stripe matching the shirt. Just White & Gold (given proper Gold color. No blue trim)

But if none of us has noticed - what we think on this matter doesn’t matter :)

Just win.

Last edited:

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I’m almost positive the rules state that the home team has to agree to that (visiting team wearing their primary color) in writing. Which would mean that we (GT) ALLOW red jerseys in our house.

Actually, the visiting team has the choice to object to the home team wearing White.

If we want to wear White shirts at home, the visitor has to approve. It has nothing to do with allowing visitor to wear dark shirt at our place.