Uniform Thread

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Us ol guys like Russell.
I use my old Russell gt shirts for decades as work shirts. Great big thick seams and plenty of room for midsection. Could be longer fit as wife gets upset when the back pulls out from my jeans and she can see my tighty whities.
Wife says gt needs a lot more swag and that I should shop at Duluth trading.
Guess I ll go with that AND BRING IT ON.

ballground jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I was talking to the book store manager and she said that the bookstore is letting nike and under armor fight to see who gets it. She stated that they are currently selling ua and nike stuff because the russell contract only states team and coaches gear. So that is probably the only russell stuff they will carry. She hopes that it will be UA because they will supply stock at anytime and nike only likes to do it once before the season starts. Take it all with a grain of salt but the bookstore is full of nike and ua stuff.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I saw a tweet that Cal was getting $86 million from UA and thought: The heck...GT is going to get PAID soon if Cal is getting this much.

Gotta think UA will happen soon.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Based on other posts, it seems our friends misunderstood MBob talking about Cal deal.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
$87 million from UA?

More likely we 86'd a deal w/ UA, extended Russell a year and upped the buyout to think about what we want to do, then ultimately try to sign Nike or Adidas but are forced to settle with our first choice Champion hoping they've learned from past mistakes.

(I kid, kind of)

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
$87 million from UA?

More likely we 86'd a deal w/ UA, extended Russell a year and upped the buyout to think about what we want to do, then ultimately try to sign Nike or Adidas but are forced to settle with our first choice Champion hoping they've learned from past mistakes.

(I kid, kind of)
Sheee**. I liked Champion. Thickest, best-fitting, best quality, best made gear of all of them, back in the day. :)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Sheee**. I liked Champion. Thickest, best-fitting, best quality, best made gear of all of them, back in the day. :)

If we ever ditch Russell, you just know this is who we'll end up with...

starter-logo.png

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol!

I don't think they've outfitted teams for decades now. They've been bought and sold several times now iirc.

I'd prefer UA only because of this:

images

If they'd give us glow-in-the-dark I'd be fine with it, but they won't. UA imo is a much better fit for us as far as what we'd get from them at our level, as well as how the kids see it.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
aa490ad913c93750cf3a765417f720ea.jpg

I feel like if we do end up with UA, our uniforms will look a lot like this but Change the Orange to Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk