Uniform reveal - Notre Dame

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
If you guys want another reason to be upset with adidas... Tech is the only adidas school to unveil a new jersey this week that’s not in adidas’ premier jersey template, the A1 Primknit. Tech’s black jersey in the WVN A1, which is a step down from the Primeknit. What’s the difference in performance/comfort/wearability you might ask? I don’t know, you’d have to ask a player. But optically its pretty cheap that Tech isn’t wearing the best material when everybody else is.

If you’re wondering, both of the white jerseys, the navy, and the grey are A1 Primeknit, while the gold is also WVN A1. You can tell by the diagonally knitted lines (or lack thereof) across the chest of the jersey.

Normal white jersey has it:
C9F81069-D037-404E-BE16-46ED04F65B82.jpeg

New black jersey doesn’t
4F9CD504-24E6-4DDB-8567-D2A43A3B868E.jpeg

Everyone else’s new jerseys have it
68BC4E20-7C99-45F3-A3FC-11B33A00C481.jpeg

DA7AA7C4-55EE-4226-9BB9-95F2A987027B.jpeg

43647F1E-8287-4037-B86D-21FDFB6D3811.jpeg

Just a little bit more anti-adidas material for you folks who are already anti-adidas, or maybe push some who were on the fence to the other side.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If you guys want another reason to be upset with adidas... Tech is the only adidas school to unveil a new jersey this week that’s not in adidas’ premier jersey template, the A1 Primknit. Tech’s black jersey in the WVN A1, which is a step down from the Primeknit. What’s the difference in performance/comfort/wearability you might ask? I don’t know, you’d have to ask a player. But optically its pretty cheap that Tech isn’t wearing the best material when everybody else is.

If you’re wondering, both of the white jerseys, the navy, and the grey are A1 Primeknit, while the gold is also WVN A1. You can tell by the diagonally knitted lines (or lack thereof) across the chest of the jersey.

View attachment 9377

New black jersey doesn’t
View attachment 9378

View attachment 9379
View attachment 9380
View attachment 9381

Just a little bit more anti-adidas material for you folks who are already anti-adidas, or maybe push some who were on the fence to the other side.
I think with the way Nike has monopolized pro sports every college will move that direction soon.

Milwaukee

Banned

View attachment 9377

New black jersey doesn’t
View attachment 9378

View attachment 9379
View attachment 9380
View attachment 9381

I believe that’s intentional because it’s a “throwback”. There wasn’t a primeknit in the mid 80s. I could be wrong though.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe that’s intentional because it’s a “throwback”. There wasn’t a primeknit in the mid 80s. I could be wrong though.
I have a feeling you’re correct with this. I truly believe these are supposed to be as close to the original jerseys as possible. Hence the “throwback” name. As far as I can tell, all the other black Adidas jerseys released this week are totally new designs.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

View attachment 9377

New black jersey doesn’t
View attachment 9378

View attachment 9379
View attachment 9380
View attachment 9381

yeah the gold ones from last year had the same cheap look. Adidas confuses me.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I really hope they keep this style of uniform when adidas updates their template next year. The sleeve stripes, the pant stripes, the collar stripes, the number font... that’s what a Georgia Tech football uniform should look like. I don’t care how many different colors of jerseys and pants they get, but the striping is makes unique to Tech. The “stinger” stripes on the current set look goofy and could be interchangeable with any team in the country. We can mix and match colors at will, but for the love of God put proper stripes on there.
Yes keep the striping and KEEP THE DAMN NUMBERS ON THE SHOULDER PADS! We pretty much created that look and we don't even use it anymore. The freaking Dallas Cowboys patterned their jersey after US. Not a bad compliment.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Louisville and Arizona State are both wearing throwbacks that are Primeknit. Adidas went the cheap way with Tech, whether intentionally or not it’s not a good look

They even went the extra mile with ASU and gave the numbers a faux-mesh look. That’s not a new phenomenon, but it’s weird they gave ASU the faux-mesh with Primeknit, and Tech got neither. This was a choice made either by adidas or Tech to save money.

Rutgers even wore a long-sleeved Jersey last year to celebrate their 150th anniversary of college football that was Primeknit
2E2F1033-F96A-4420-960C-877B62636CCA.jpeg

Like I said, I don’t know whether Tech or adidas made the call, but whoever did had saving money in their interests.

Milwaukee

Banned
Louisville and Arizona State are both wearing throwbacks that are Primeknit. Adidas went the cheap way with Tech, whether intentionally or not it’s not a good look

They even went the extra mile with ASU and gave the numbers a faux-mesh look. That’s not a new phenomenon, but it’s weird they gave ASU the faux-mesh with Primeknit, and Tech got neither. This was a choice made either by adidas or Tech to save money.

Rutgers even wore a long-sleeved Jersey last year to celebrate their 150th anniversary of college football that was Primeknit
View attachment 9384

Like I said, I don’t know whether Tech or adidas made the call, but whoever did had saving money in their interests.

Looks like it. You’d know better than me on this, I was taking a guess.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Another adidas school unveiling a new uniform with the A1 Primeknit jersey template. That makes 7 of the 12 adidas schools with new alternates, 6 of which are in the premier template. Tech the only one in the cheaper version

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
What's weird as well is that the spring game gold unis were in the primeknit material and then the ones we wore in the games were the cheaper baggier ones made in the same template as these new black ones. Not sure if that falls on Tstan or Adidas. Probably both

TechPreacher

Banned
They might as well throw these uniforms in the trash now, because after the beat down coming up this weekend, they will become the butt of every joke, and another step in the "fundamental change" of Tech football will be complete. Why would they want to completely ruin one of the best Tech historical stories by trotting them out this weekend?

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
They might as well throw these uniforms in the trash now, because after the beat down coming up this weekend, they will become the butt of every joke, and another step in the "fundamental change" of Tech football will be complete. Why would they want to completely ruin one of the best Tech historical stories by trotting them out this weekend?
I'm just hoping Notre Dame plays like they did against FSU and Louisville, and GT plays like we did against FSU and Louisville, because I think GT wins if they do.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You have to understand the new philosophy of Tech, if you don't have time to coach the defense to be elite than just dress them to look elite.