Uniform reveal - Notre Dame

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks amazing, and is a very good modernization of the original Black Watch uni. Albeit very ill-timed, with the recent performance of the D, but these things are scheduled and scripted close to a year or more out, so there’s really no way to know the D would be in a state of suck when these throwbacks were to be worn.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The uniforms will be comprised of black jerseys, gold helmets and gold pants, similar to those worn by coach Bill Curry’s teams 1980-86.
The interlocking “GT” logo on the helmet will be black instead of the customary white, along with a black stripe down the center of the helmet, in a nod to the Black Watch of defensive coordinator Don Lindsey.

Tech also is selling replicas of the jerseys for $75.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Back in the day you had to EARN the right to get the BLACK decal...
"Players had to earn inclusion in the group, signified by the black GT logo as opposed to white. Members included Tech greats Pat Swilling, Ted Roof and Cleve Pounds.

In 1984 and 1985, the Yellow Jackets led the ACC in scoring defense and in total defense in 1984.

Tech has not led the conference in either category since then.

Attachments

• Tech jerseys.jpg
    Tech jerseys.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I really hope they keep this style of uniform when adidas updates their template next year. The sleeve stripes, the pant stripes, the collar stripes, the number font... that’s what a Georgia Tech football uniform should look like. I don’t care how many different colors of jerseys and pants they get, but the striping is makes unique to Tech. The “stinger” stripes on the current set look goofy and could be interchangeable with any team in the country. We can mix and match colors at will, but for the love of God put proper stripes on there.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Keep the stripes for our normal uniforms. I know CGC would never listen to me but here’s what GT’s uniforms should be. Nobody could beat these 3.
View attachment 9372View attachment 9373View attachment 9375
Exactly, you can be a “cool” team that changes uniform combinations each week and still wear jerseys and pants with decent stripes on them. Florida, LSU, Houston, Miami, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. all wear different colors, but they keep their traditional striping. So when they’re wearing alternate uniforms it still looks like Florida, or LSU, or whoever. I don’t think there’s anybody else that uses the sleeve striping style that Tech’s traditional uniforms do. It’s unique, and they should use it and embrace it instead of trying to change it to make it “cool”. The stinger stripes don’t add any value to the uniform, but they take away tradition and I’m not a fan of them.

Deleted member 2897

Well it takes guts to trot these out. I hope our guys rise to the occasion and do the memory proud. They don’t need to shut Notre Dame out or hit any particular stat. Just play hard every single down, swarm the ball, be aggressive, and never give up. And for the love of Pete, if you find yourself in the backfield with a clean shot at the QB (#9) - HIT THE MOTHER****ER.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Back in the day you had to EARN the right to get the BLACK decal...
"Players had to earn inclusion in the group, signified by the black GT logo as opposed to white. Members included Tech greats Pat Swilling, Ted Roof and Cleve Pounds.

In 1984 and 1985, the Yellow Jackets led the ACC in scoring defense and in total defense in 1984.

Tech has not led the conference in either category since then.
I love these but the way our defense is playing they should not wear them you earn that right

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to buy it also but I hate the sleeves. This one looks cheap. Adidas usually has two tiers of jerseys for sale. This one appears to be the cheaper template (lots of mesh, short sleeve stripes, etc...) . Where is the nicer one?