#UNCvsGT Postgame

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
When was the last time we had 8 sacks in a game?? Defense has been outstanding.
It may have been 2005 when we recorded, I think, 9 sacks against Miami which came in the game undefeated and ranked #3. Another team with national asperations like Carolina whose hopes were dashed. Howell is probably going to need a crane to get out of bed tomorrow. Easily the best effort and game by a Georgia Tech team in years, maybe since the Orange Bowl. Thacker and his 3-3 stack defense may need his own "Get Back" Coach. Is there money in the budget for one?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I said I thought defense would be a staple and looks like that’s coming to fruition. I’m 29 and I have never seen a defensive domination from Tech EVER in my short decades of watching football. 8 sacks. Wow. 13 TFL. 3rd and 4th down stops. Holy crap.

I was worried about O starting out. My nerves instantly calmed when Sims came right in and lead the team with confidence and scored. Definitely more aggressive with Sims.

So proud of our boys tonight.

Btw, we held a high powered UNC Offense that scored 59 the last two weeks to 22. That’s incredible.

LETS GO BOYS!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I will gladly take 1-1 in the acc with a loss to NIU vs 0-2 in the acc. This was a huge win, and it looks like we could realistically compete for the coastal.
It isn't where you start that counts...its where you finish. Our team showed what they were made of tonight. I apologize to Jeff for doubting him. He showed a national TV audience what a true dual threat quarterback can do. Hats off to him and the rest of the Jackets.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What I liked about our D was the pressure and sacks were coming solely from the DL. We were getting to Howell without selling out with blitzes from the back 7. At least to my untrained eye. When you can rush 4 and still hurry the QB, that's always been a benchmark of a stout D. Nice job Thacker and players! Our 3 lB's also are the best unit we have had at that position since maybe the Tenuta days.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Worst officiating so far, and Clemson was really bad. This is bitching to the head office bad. They robbed Dontae, and really jobbed us all night.

Great win. Best win of the Collins era. We didn’t just look like we belonged, we really dominated them. This is one of those games where we beat them and the refs. It was worse than the score

Jeff Sims redemption. Defense skrong. Drunk and loving being a yellow jacket!

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
It isn't where you start that counts...its where you finish. Our team showed what they were made of tonight. I apologize to Jeff for doubting him. He showed a national TV audience what a true dual threat quarterback can do. Hats off to him and the rest of the Jackets.
I owe Jeff an apology too. The mental toughness he showed at such a young age is phenominal. He came in calm after a rough outing vs. NIU and executed

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I said I thought defense would be a staple and looks like that’s coming to fruition. I’m 29 and I have never seen a defensive domination from Tech EVER in my short decades of watching football. 8 sacks. Wow. 13 TFL. 3rd and 4th down stops. Holy crap.

I was worried about O starting out. My nerves instantly calmed when Sims came right in and lead the team with confidence and scored. Definitely more aggressive with Sims.

So proud of our boys tonight.

Btw, we held a high powered UNC Offense that scored 59 the last two weeks to 22. That’s incredible.

LETS GO BOYS!
I felt confident most of the second half. One because we were up and 2 because Sims is a BALLER