Uncle Lou predicts seven wins for GT this year

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
I am only looking at FSU right now.

My thoughts: FSU lost their star QB, both top WRs, their TE, and top RB. Their OL was good, but their skill guys were great. There is no way they will be as good on offense in August as they were last year. They have a great set of DBs, so we may have to run the ball a lot in this game. Fortunately, their run defense is where they had issues and they lost all three starting LBs from last year. If we can keep our offense on the field and score points this game could get interesting. Birr could be a very important factor. We cannot afford to miss scoring opportunities.
we WIN this game!

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Donte Smith will be missed. He was a stud the last several games of the season. RBs do get worn down. Having 2 good ones last year was tge difference in several games.
I think we have pretty decent depth in the backfield. Haynes now has a full off-season of prep time at RB. We returned a handful of guys (Cooley, Dickens, Felix) AND we added Scoota Carrie (who I think has the potential for greatness) and Trelain Maddox. I really liked Dontae, but I think we have enough talent in the RB room to offset losing him.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think if we win out the gate vs FSU and get ranked early. Hold our own regular season and get a few upsets we have an outside chance at making the playoffs. But. We'll see.

I take games way too personal and a loss to start the season would sour me for a while.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if we win out the gate vs FSU and get ranked early. Hold our own regular season and get a few upsets we have an outside chance at making the playoffs. But. We'll see.

I take games way too personal and a loss to start the season would sour me for a while.
I also worry about Georgia St. Traveling back from Ireland against a school where this game means everything to Ga. St. and they have a transfer QB from GT who will know our offense's plays extremely well. Whether we win or lose against FSU, I think this game has a lot of risk.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I also worry about Georgia St. Traveling back from Ireland against a school where this game means everything to Ga. St. and they have a transfer QB from GT who will know our offense's plays extremely well. Whether we win or lose against FSU, I think this game has a lot of risk.
Yeah I hate to say it's a *big game* and id love to say gone are the days of being nervous about these types of games but I'm with you. Id like to think Key won't let the team get too high or too low and have us ready to play regardless.

That QB for them (Gibson?) is good but not that good. We have better talent than they do. But we'll see. Plus I wanna beat that Mutt coach of theirs.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
we WIN this game!
We'll see how much improvement we see from the D early and often vs. FSU. They will (and should) run right at us until we stop it. We're coming off of a season where we were one of the worst college football run defenses and I'm sure FSU will look to exploit that. If we can bow up and stop the run, we can force DJU to beat us - and I'm not sure if he can.

AugustaSwarm

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I hate to say it's a *big game* and id love to say gone are the days of being nervous about these types of games but I'm with you. Id like to think Key won't let the team get too high or too low and have us ready to play regardless.

That QB for them (Gibson?) is good but not that good. We have better talent than they do. But we'll see. Plus I wanna beat that Mutt coach of theirs.
They also brought Kevin Sherrer on board as DC. He may not know our scheme, but he'll know our personnel.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
They also brought Kevin Sherrer on board as DC. He may not know our scheme, but he'll know our personnel.
Player and coach turnover makes many of our games hard to predict based on last year's performances. If we played FSU mid-season last year, we would likely have experienced a beatdown. But we also saw how their offense fared without Travis (not good), and they had to bring in transfer DJU for 2024. They also lost All-Americans on both offense and defense and had 10 players drafted. They will reload some, but they won't be the same team we saw go 13-0. Meanwhile, we retained most of the key pieces on offense and defense. I like our chances if we can avoid turnovers.

GSt could be a classic let-down game depending on how we fare in Ireland. My initial thought was that with our run game, we should keep it on the ground. Then I saw that they were 117th against the pass last year. So who knows? Sherrer may be a decent D coordinator, but I don't expect them to be able to slow down our offense.

Last edited: