Uncle Lou predicts seven wins for GT this year

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I know this guy is a boob, but he has a pretty good breakdown, not only on the win total, but also on the game by game analysis. Take a look at this video and tell me what you think.

Yeah, I actually agreed with a lot of what he said and thought it was a fair breakdown. I do think that we have more on the defensive line than he knows though. I really like our DT depth with Lockett, Biggers, Van Den Berg, Scott, Gore, and now Moore being back too. That's solid upperclassmen depth and not even mentioning some of the younger guys that could factor in.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Uncle Lou, had a fair discusion.

But other talking heads say the schedule for Louisville , vt and ncst are significantly easier than ours - and they are expecting them to have good year.

Just need to keep getting better.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
The last time I saw that dude he was punching his TV after a UGA loss. It looks like he's upped his YT game a good bit, or is he still broadcasting from his garage?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I went to HS with "Uncle Lou." He's always been a died in the wool uga fan, but other than that, he's a pretty nice guy. He is, however, a professional internet troll and has learned how to monetize it via his "Lou Tube" channel. While his videos are usually meant to goad any non-uga fanbase, this one shows off a decent bit of his understanding of college football. I somewhat agree with his assessment, but I feel like he didn't include the usual head scratching loss that GT suffers yearly so I have us at 6-6 prior to the bowl.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Injuries are things you can’t predict. Factories like FSU and the mutts can better mitigate their impact with quality depth. That same depth also helps in tight games late as you can rotate fresh players with little to no drop off. If get remains healthy, 7 or even 8 wins is probable. If not, we may not reach 6. If King goes down, I don’t want to think about it.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Injuries are things you can’t predict. Factories like FSU and the mutts can better mitigate their impact with quality depth. That same depth also helps in tight games late as you can rotate fresh players with little to no drop off. If get remains healthy, 7 or even 8 wins is probable. If not, we may not reach 6. If King goes down, I don’t want to think about it.
I mean we got pyron right there with a good amount of studying the Offense so I wouldn't worry too much

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It looks like the key break is with everyone below Syracuse. Seven of our eight ACC opponents have a better chance at the ACC title than GT. That doesn't mean they think we will go 1-7 against those teams, but it's not a good sign.

CC title odds (BetOnline_ag):
Florida State 14/5
Clemson 13/4
Miami 4/1
Louisville 7/1
NC State 7/1
Virginia Tech 15/2
SMU 16/1
North Carolina 30/1
Syracuse 33/1
California 75/1
Georgia Tech 80/1
Boston College 100/1
Duke 125/1
Pittsburgh 125/1
Virginia 125/1
Wake Forest 250/1
Stanford 500/1

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I mean we got pyron right there with a good amount of studying the Offense so I wouldn't worry too much
Our practices are no longer 1 verses scout team at 3/4 speed and,all the scout team gets reps.

But while our backups get """some quality reps against the 1s"""., they dont get many.

The reps " good on good " in practice are same game speed as verses alcorn, but nothing like Clemson. It took us 6 games to start playing fast - but clemson cleaned our clock.

Our defense has miles to go to be somewhat ready for FSU, Louisville, ND, Vt., Mia, NCSt, UGA. The offense must score and have very few punts or the defense will be gassed.
Agqinst the 7 teams ljsted King must play very very well for us to win 5 games. Thexgood thing about pyron is he has that same toughness king has.

But we will see in about 8 weeks.

I have no doubt that Pyron will give 110%. His,dad told me he is going to be ready when its his turn.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Our defense has miles to go to be somewhat ready for FSU, Louisville, ND, Vt., Mia, NCSt, UGA.
Generally I agree with this statement, but I'm not convinced Louisville and VT belong on that list.

Lville had a good offense last year, but only returns about half that squad.

The hokies bring back almost everybody on offense (which is why they're receiving so much preseason hype) but they padded their stats against a pretty mid schedule. I'm not sure they had a single impressive win last year.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly I would be fine with 7-5 and this schedule. It is a killer that you give up 2 home games in Ireland and Mercedez Benz against FSU and Notre Dame. I think that makes both of those games much more difficult.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
It looks like the key break is with everyone below Syracuse. Seven of our eight ACC opponents have a better chance at the ACC title than GT. That doesn't mean they think we will go 1-7 against those teams, but it's not a good sign.

CC title odds (BetOnline_ag):
Florida State 14/5
Clemson 13/4
Miami 4/1
Louisville 7/1
NC State 7/1
Virginia Tech 15/2
SMU 16/1
North Carolina 30/1
Syracuse 33/1
California 75/1
Georgia Tech 80/1
Boston College 100/1
Duke 125/1
Pittsburgh 125/1
Virginia 125/1
Wake Forest 250/1
Stanford 500/1
Some of those teams are there because of their schedules. Syracuse dodges FSU, Clemson, and Louisville. SMU plays Florida St, Louisville, and then 5 of the bottom 6 teams on that list. Really unfortunate we got shafted by the ACC schedulers this year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Generally I agree with this statement, but I'm not convinced Louisville and VT belong on that list.

Lville had a good offense last year, but only returns about half that squad.

The hokies bring back almost everybody on offense (which is why they're receiving so much preseason hype) but they padded their stats against a pretty mid schedule. I'm not sure they had a single impressive win last year.
You might be right on Louisville. They will have a very different team with all of their portal activity. Not really sure what to expect from them honestly. VT was playing pretty well in the second half of last season and they are ranked #1 in returning production. They are going to be a handful.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Good thoughts.We were fairly lucky last yr. hmmm,