unCHEAT at it again (13 suspended)

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I think we all just need to back off and stop being butthurt about Carolina. I have it on good authority that they are actually getting hit pretty hard in this particular case, with off-the-record sanctions. My source tells me that, although it hasn’t been mentioned publicly, the NCAA will now require North Carolina players to attend real classes.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think it has been done before when maybe it was florida had liek 4 rbs suspended. It actually makes sense. I mean lets say you have 6 de's total and 5 get suspended, that one kids going to hate life.
I can name three ACC coaches, and there might be more, but these three would have looked at that, and suspended every one of them starting with the opening game. None would have played that transparently silly and laughable "safety" card. It is Fedora trying desperately to win enough to keep his job. But Swinney at Clemson, Johnson at Georgia Tech, and Bibers at Syracuse would have pulled the trigger and done the right thing. Moreover, they would have felt perfectly comfortable playing with what they had and we would never hear excuses. As I said, maybe others, but those three for sure.

slugboy

Staff member
I understand staggering suspensions. It’s 15% of your team. As a QB or RB, I wouldn’t want to play behind third string linemen in a big game. Someone could get hurt, especially against Clemson’s DL.
It works out well for us. Some players will still be suspended when we play UNC. With our schedule, we could use any advantage we get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I understand staggering suspensions. It’s 15% of your team. As a QB or RB, I wouldn’t want to play behind third string linemen in a big game. Someone could get hurt, especially against Clemson’s DL.
It works out well for us. Some players will still be suspended when we play UNC. With our schedule, we could use any advantage we get.

Larry Fedora would run his grandmother behind a third stringer if that was all he had, and safety be damned. She should run better.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

First, only 1 will be suspended when they play us.

Second, I think UNC should just forfeit whenever they play a team that's 'better' than them. Can't be putting guys out there to maybe get hurt.

Sounds ridiculous, right? Well, that's the same logic as staggering the suspensions so guys don't have to play with backups.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The staggering thing is a joke.

1) God forbid the available guys learn to play another position. Put a LB or DT at DE. They have the whole preseason to train undersized or slow of foot guys there and deal with the consequences.

2) There aren’t just 85 guys on a fully available roster. There are 105. NC is down to 92 available players as a result. Don’t tell me the walk-ons are at risk of injury. They deal with scholarship players every practice.

3) The staggering being allowed in on the uNCAA. They had every right to use common sense and deny NC’s request. And the decision is even more laughable because, guess what, the uNCAA just enabled a rule whereby freshmen are allowed to play up to 4 games without burning a shirt. That length of time is so conveniently applicable to NC’s situation, that staggering is laughable.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think we all just need to back off and stop being butthurt about Carolina. I have it on good authority that they are actually getting hit pretty hard in this particular case, with off-the-record sanctions. My source tells me that, although it hasn’t been mentioned publicly, the NCAA will now require North Carolina players to attend real classes.

yes-rudy1.gif

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Can you practice while suspended?
Not sure, good question though. I would assume you can. If not unCheat would be allowed to anyways because it could cause injury to their players when they come off suspension from not being well conditioned.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-shoe-selling-scandal/p4NYVSuvvr7AybMmwdx5yK/

According to case documents released by the school, 15 players ultimately sold shoes either to a retailer or to a teammate, with three of those purchases for as much as $2,500. Two other players sold shoes for $200 or less.

One player — who isn't named in the documents — purchased shoes from seven teammates for a total of $6,150.

Hmmmm ...... how many players were suspended again? If 15 sold, why were only 13 suspended?

And who was the kingpin buying all the shoes?

Hmmmm .... I get that journalism is ded and all, but seems like a couple pertinent yet unanswered questions here. Maybe I'm practicing selective-reading (very likely) considering my extreme UNCAA bias but am I missing something?

ETA: Also, another thing I learned is to never trust anyone named 'Jordan Tucker'. :whistle:

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...-shoe-selling-scandal/p4NYVSuvvr7AybMmwdx5yK/

Hmmmm ...... how many players were suspended again? If 15 sold, why were only 13 suspended?

And who was the kingpin buying all the shoes?

Hmmmm .... I get that journalism is ded and all, but seems like a couple pertinent yet unanswered questions here. Maybe I'm practicing selective-reading (very likely) considering my extreme UNCAA bias but am I missing something?

ETA: Also, another thing I learned is to never trust anyone named 'Jordan Tucker'. :whistle:

None of those shoes are even close to worth $2,500. Seems to be like a booster probably bought them thinking it was a loophole to get money to the players.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
“In the moment like that, you’re not really thinking about the consequences,” Carney said when asked if he knew selling his pair of shoes was improper. “Like as a kid, when your mom tells you ‘Don’t touch the iron because it’s hot,’ you don't really think that it’s hot. You just do it. It’s something you don't really think about in the moment. And I made a wrong decision.”
WTF???

I am very curious how one of these teammates has over $6000 to buy these shoes.