UNC season ticket holder benefits and gimmicks

I think all the incentives in the UNC chart were specifically to entice season ticket holders. I'm all for incentives for students too, but there is only so much you can do for 18-22 year olds. I know I was late to my share of nooners from sleeping in too much.
True. Of course we could offer big-screen TV's the way Pastner did, but to be honest, I really don't like "paying" people to come to games.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, as we've seen more and more of these gimmicks, college football attendance has continued to decline. Maybe there's a connection, maybe not. But at best, I think these gimmicks will only add up to a minuscule increase in attendance compared to the increase we'll see by simply winning. To that end, I would suggest putting all the money we would have spent on such gimmicks into an increase in our recruiting budget.
Teams are trying to hold onto the STH they already have. With the secondary market it’s impossible in most cases to financially justify buying season tickets.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Teams are trying to hold onto the STH they already have. With the secondary market it’s impossible in most cases to financially justify buying season tickets.

Buying season tickets doesn’t make financial sense. Beyond a few small perks, buying season tickets is just a way to support the team which is why I buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thing I like the best is what they did with their seating. Replaced the bleachers with real seats. Cost ~$6 million. Reduced their capacity 10,000. But they weren't filling up for Football any way. The new capacity roughly matches their average attendance last year. Charging $6 more per seat to cover the costs. I think that would make a huge impact on the game day experience.

https://goheels.com/news/2018/1/7/football-individual-seats-coming-in-kenan-stadium.aspx

I do believe Tech Football has an opportunity to be a "thing to do" in Atlanta again. But it needs to compete on quality of experience and value with the other options in town. Tons of people going to Suntrust Park who could care less about Braves baseball. But it's a thing to do and a fun experience.