UNC season ticket holder benefits and gimmicks

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Looks like a lot of incentive to come to all the games and to get in the stadium early. Is this something that would work here, or as I stated above, is it a gimmick? Prizes would have to be good. Like 50 season ticket holders at the end of the year that attended all 6 games receive free season tickets in the same seat the next year, or move up for the difference in cost.

FB_IMG_1536122468407.jpg

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Probably some good ideas.

Reduced concession prices for early arrival would get folks there earlier, maybe reduce wait times in line later, maybe increase sales.

If we are smart (prove it) I would think we are looking at all our competition for such ideas.

But, remember. At carowhina- “the roof is the ceiling.”

Deleted member 2897

Probably some good ideas.

Reduced concession prices for early arrival would get folks there earlier, maybe reduce wait times in line later, maybe increase sales.

If we are smart (prove it) I would think we are looking at all our competition for such ideas.

But, remember. At carowhina- “the roof is the ceiling.”

At NC State the Roof is a ceiling too.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Well, we keep putting up with it and not advising him what needs to be fixed. But dont forget we were so far behind when he got here, it will take some time to get us caught up.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
All I want is for us to win. Don't care about megaplex boards, piped-in music, fan apps, or any of that crap - just a bleacher to sit on, maybe a hot dog and coke, and a place to take a whiz. Just win, baby.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
All I want is for us to win. Don't care about megaplex boards, piped-in music, fan apps, or any of that crap - just a bleacher to sit on, maybe a hot dog and coke, and a place to take a whiz. Just win, baby.
I think most people on the board are going to sympathize with your post (I definitely do), but the question is whether the additional perks would help to bring in additional casual fans. If the occasional “bobble head day” (not sure what the football equivalent would be) would be enough to raise annual ticket sales by X% then it would definitely be a valuable promotion to consider in terms of growing a dedicated fan base.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think most people on the board are going to sympathize with your post (I definitely do), but the question is whether the additional perks would help to bring in additional casual fans. If the occasional “bobble head day” (not sure what the football equivalent would be) would be enough to raise annual ticket sales by X% then it would definitely be a valuable promotion to consider in terms of growing a dedicated fan base.

Well, as we've seen more and more of these gimmicks, college football attendance has continued to decline. Maybe there's a connection, maybe not. But at best, I think these gimmicks will only add up to a minuscule increase in attendance compared to the increase we'll see by simply winning. To that end, I would suggest putting all the money we would have spent on such gimmicks into an increase in our recruiting budget.

Last edited:
Well, as we've seen more and more of these gimmicks, college football attendance has continued to decline. Maybe there's a connection, maybe not. But I think these gimmicks will only add up to a minuscule increase in attendance compared to the increase we'll see by simply winning. To that end, I would suggest putting all the money we would have spent on such gimmicks into an increase in our recruiting budget.
One thing that might be accomplished, especially among the always late students, is that if the bobbleheads (or whatever) are offered to the first 5000 (or some number) arriving, then the students might actually get there on time. It seems to work for the basketball games.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
One thing that might be accomplished, especially among the always late students, is that if the bobbleheads (or whatever) are offered to the first 5000 (or some number) arriving, then the students might actually get there on time. It seems to work for the basketball games.
I think all the incentives in the UNC chart were specifically to entice season ticket holders. I'm all for incentives for students too, but there is only so much you can do for 18-22 year olds. I know I was late to my share of nooners from sleeping in too much.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Probably would get a few students to the game by kickoff. But certainly no one (and I know you're not suggesting this) would actually go to a game they otherwise wouldn't have attended for a bobblehead doll.