UNC prepares for Delaware with Georgia Tech looming

Declinometer

Banned
I don't see Duke doing anything differently than they did last year.
I know Paul said we're going to run the ball but if they stack the box like they did last year we are going to have to throw the ball more than a little.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Duke has played us tough on defense since CPJ has been here it seems like

Their defensive secondary is quite strong and tackles very well. Last year we tackled poorly and gave up too many possession plays and turnovers. To beat Duke you have to play a game with few mistakes because that is how Duke will play. We can surely win if we play well, and Duke will win if we do not.

Their defensive secondary is quite strong and tackles very well. Last year we tackled poorly and gave up too many possession plays and turnovers. To beat Duke you have to play a game with few mistakes because that is how Duke will play. We can surely win if we play well, and Duke will win if we do not.
We can't have this discussion. If you are in the conversation of ten wins, maybe more, winning the conference, going to the playoffs, etc., then you cannot be a team that worries about losing to Duke. Winning a college football game is always difficult (see Kansas, MTSU, Gardner-Webb, Georgia Southern) but we are past all that now. We grind Duke into cornmeal.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
We can't have this discussion. If you are in the conversation of ten wins, maybe more, winning the conference, going to the playoffs, etc., then you cannot be a team that worries about losing to Duke. Winning a college football game is always difficult (see Kansas, MTSU, Gardner-Webb, Georgia Southern) but we are past all that now. We grind Duke into cornmeal.

Well based on how we played against ND, we need to have this discussion... But anyway, if we play well, then yeah, we should beat them easily. Even they expect us to beat them by 2+ touchdowns.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Thst
According to the NCAA, we did cheat in 2009...but at least we got an ACC Championship! That's how "cheating" is done right, folks!

(That was sarcasm for the sarcasm impaired)
Very sore point....this was the last straw for me with the NCAA.... Ohio state ....USC ...Miami...infractions were agregious...ours were trivial...no sence of scale or propriety....ARGH!

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Thst
Very sore point....this was the last straw for me with the NCAA.... Ohio state ....USC ...Miami...infractions were agregious...ours were trivial...no sence of scale or propriety....ARGH!
not so much for me. Rather the AD who caused it to become a worse punishment up and ran away to another school. Almost like he didn't mind making our punishment get higher.