UNC Backup...

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Longestday, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Longestday

Longestday Helluva Engineer Featured Member

UNC would be playing their backup today when we need them to win against VT.

2. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

What happened to Renner?

3. Longestday

I don't know... he is not playing.. dressed but not playing and VT just made a TD.

4. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

I missed the first few minutes of the game, I guess he got hurt in the first few minutes?

No idea what that UNC safety was doing. He slowed down at the end, he had time to catch up and make the play IMO.

5. Longestday

UNC looks defeated already

6. Longestday

Wow UNC is playing bad on D today

7. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

He's better suited for the offense he runs.
    Looks like they flipping the page and closing the chapter on Renner.

8. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Sounds like Fedora's panicking. Benching the ACC's career passing efficiency leader doesn't sound like a coach who has his team.

9. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Renner out with a foot injury. Man, speculation runs away with some, don't it?

10. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

LOL! Ain't it the truth! It seemed to be completely out of character for Fedora, truth be told. Thanks for the update

Bruce Wayne likes this.
  11. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

I like Williams. Team is responding and getting behind the kid.

12. heeled soul

heeled soul Jolly Good Fellow

yeah. renner had a boot on his ankle for part of the week leading up to the VT game. he was a game time decision. fedora says renner will be the starter when he's healthy. we have a bye week before hosting miami on next thursday, so renner is fully expected to start. however, fedora did say that marquise will get more looks. i personally think marquise outperformed. season-to-date, he put up the most passing yards against a stout VT D.

as it often is everywhere (and john mentions this all the time), the backup QB is everyone's favorite player. when tj yates was our starter, he was booed frequently and everyone wanted renner. now that renner's the starter and is underperforming this year, lots of fans are demanding marquise to start. once he does, our freshman mitch trubisky (the true dual threat) will assume the new favorite QB role.