UIC Weekend

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like plenty of UIC support in today. Hate hearing them cheer on everything that seems to be happening for them this game.

Tech trails 5-2 B4.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Time for some grass (plugs).

Down 5-2. UIC is playing good baseball and getting some fortunate hits. Thomas did well with 2/3 strikes (42/61) but they dinked him on some hits.

Hughes just doesn't have it yet. 14/25 = 56% in 4th inning alone. Hughes screwed by another error by Waddell leading to 3 unearned runs. Given the rep of the two unused UIC relief pitchers, we are going to have to put together some hits. Expect the starter (Key) to be pulled if we threaten.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Time for some grass (plugs).

Down 5-2. UIC is playing good baseball and getting some fortunate hits. Thomas did well with 2/3 strikes (42/61) but they dinked him on some hits.

Hughes just doesn't have it yet. 14/25 = 56% in 4th inning alone. Hughes screwed by another error by Waddell leading to 3 unearned runs. Given the rep of the two unused UIC relief pitchers, we are going to have to put together some hits. Expect the starter (Key) to be pulled if we threaten.
This is the first game I've been able to make this year and I am very impressed by Thomas. They were extremely lucky to get 2 runs off of him. I'm also impressed with Waddell at 3rd, I know he made the error, but he is smooth at 3rd. English cost us 2 runs by being lazy after that throwing error. If he starts looking immediately, then he had that guy dead to rights at home for the final out.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, the winning streak is probably going to end. We played good baseball until the 8th inning today. The good thing is there will be a game on Tuesday (maybe Wdnesday with rain in forecast). I think that Thomas is going to have a very good year and I like our chances better today if he hadn't been on a pitch count.

Deleted member 2897

Well, the winning streak is probably going to end. We played good baseball until the 8th inning today. The good thing is there will be a game on Tuesday (maybe Wdnesday with rain in forecast). I think that Thomas is going to have a very good year and I like our chances better today if he hadn't been on a pitch count.

Yea 6 runs for UIC in the 9th. No bueno. Beat Georgia State this week and head to Clemson at 9-3.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was only able to watch the first 3 innings or so and thought Thomas pitched well but they had all the luck. We banged some sharply hit balls right at them the first two innings, otherwise we jump out to a big lead. They get some seeing eye hits and tie us up. Then I had to leave so I saw no more.

The way the box score looks, Hughes was back to "bad Hiughes" and the pitching depth we hoped we had was exposed big time.

By the time we get into ACC play we will need to rely on our top 3-6 pitchers because after that, it seems to me it gets away from us.

I hate pitch counts. Haven't these guys pitched so much by now they should be able to throw 100 pitches? UIC does.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I was only able to watch the first 3 innings or so and thought Thomas pitched well but they had all the luck. We banged some sharply hit balls right at them the first two innings, otherwise we jump out to a big lead. They get some seeing eye hits and tie us up. Then I had to leave so I saw no more.

The way the box score looks, Hughes was back to "bad Hiughes" and the pitching depth we hoped we had was exposed big time.

By the time we get into ACC play we will need to rely on our top 3-6 pitchers because after that, it seems to me it gets away from us.

I hate pitch counts. Haven't these guys pitched so much by now they should be able to throw 100 pitches? UIC does.
I can understand the count on Thomas today because he pitched Tuesday. If he hadn't pitched then, I imagine he could have thrown 100 pitches if needed.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Also, the HP umpire was very inconsistent today for both sides. You could never tell what was a strike from the stands. The inconsistent zone contributed to Datoc's run that he gave up.

Deleted member 2897

Clemson got back onto lady luck's horse again today, winning by 1 single run. Clemson has played 11 games, and 7 of them were decided by 1 single run. They are 6-1 in those games. Just super crazy. That luck is bound to run out, and I hope it does starting next weekend.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see any of the game. Caught some radio coverage sporadically.

Guess the best news is we can say we win (we're good) when we execute for 9 innings. Need to reduce the rate at which these "eggs" are laid, though.

On to Ga State... no losing "streaks"! Bounce back after these losses.