Ugly Loss to UGA, How Many ACC wins this year

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think we were prepared for their length. We had 10 shots blocked. Jose and Devoe each had 3 shots blocked and Banks had 2 blocked. I watched ugag's game against AZ State and thought their length might give us problems and it did.

My (unstated) point!

If you only watch us play against teams whose tallest player is 6'6", you might come up with tonight's game plan.

If you're responsible for game planning vs u[sic]ga, you don't!!!

That's what argers me about Jose leaving the locker room feeling like he needs to apologize on Twitter. The coaching staff should've spent the post game apologizing to the team.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The guys don’t play strong in the paint. They give up ground, don’t go up strong, and don’t use a lot of post moves.

Seems like our coaching players on the blocks is lacking.

Lately we haven’t been able to shoot outside even marginally. Today we expanded the inability to score from the paint also. We just don’t have any legit scorers.

Absolutely! The bigs (Banks and AD) need to be more decisive more quickly before the double teams come. The gaurds need to be smarter when they drive the lane. Pull up for a short jump shot, take a running floater, or jump stop and pump fake to get the bigs off their feet, instead of driving headlong into a 6-10 shot blocker.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
They put the best player on the floor today, and he was a huge difference maker. I swear it seemed he played every Pos. on the floor at times. I'm not sure, but at times it seemed he was running the point for them. Remember seeing that kid last year and thinking he sure is tall, and skinny...……..this year.....well he's still tall, and skinny, but he is a heck of a player.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
They put the best player on the floor today, and he was a huge difference maker. I swear it seemed he played every Pos. on the floor at times. I'm not sure, but at times it seemed he was running the point for them. Remember seeing that kid last year and thinking he sure is tall, and skinny...……..this year.....well he's still tall, and skinny, but he is a heck of a player.

You talking about #33 Claxton? I don't think he is that great, but he is tall and skinny, and we sure made him look good at times today. In general, I think ugag has has better athletes than us for a few seasons now, they just never had decent coaching and never played to their potential (just like football), but that may change if they don't run off Crean.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You talking about #33 Claxton? I don't think he is that great, but he is tall and skinny, and we sure made him look good at times today. In general, I think ugag has has better athletes than us for a few seasons now, they just never had decent coaching and never played to their potential (just like football), but that may change if they don't run off Crean.

Claxton isn’t elite but he has good skills for a big man. Very good ball handler. Pretty decent shot. Killed us at the free throw line. And when Tech refused to contest his 3 with the shot clock about to expire...he drained it.

I was also impressed with #34. Physical in the paint and athletic.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Didn't say he was a great player overall, just IMO the best player on the floor today. Put that kid on our team, and off theirs today, and I like our chances of changing the outcome. Of course he might not play the same if he was on our team, but that's a whole different thing than what I was trying to say. We'll see better players than him this year I'm sure. JMO which doesn't carry much weight. And yes we may have played a big role in the way he played.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Imo, fwiw, Claxton appeared all-everything because we were poorly prepared.

Especially when you play three games in a week, you need to rely on assistant coaches to scout/prep particular games.

Our prep for this game was crap, imo. I could be wrong, but it looked like we were doing what we should've done vs Gardner Webb not vs georgie.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
OK, yeah, ya'll are both right about #33. He is a nice player. Not elite yet, and let's hope he doesn't become elite under Crean. That 3 point shot was a dagger that hurt us late in the game. Like I said, they have had some really good talent on their team for several seasons in a row, but luckily they don't live up to potential. Why those kids go to ugag to play is beyond me.