UGA update

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One UGA fan asked me preseason about his team. I told him they would be good but the QB was slow and like Tech the season could turn on the QB play. His response was Eason didn't want to get hurt for his #1 draft pick. I bit my tongue so hard it bled. What a typical over evaluation.

UGA is good. Very good defense and hoard of running backs. Receivers appear improved. QB is still young despite early success and Eason may be transferring to playing with Dedrick Mills at the Gateway school.

Must admit their defense is scary good but our offense may be just the type to frustrate them. On offense you have to stop their run. If both teams can keep it up, may be a big game.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Was Georgie that good? Or MS State that bad? I thought MS play calling was atrocious. I do think it will be a good game when we get to November.

Heard last night that Eason will transfer. Fromm is their guy, he's from GA, and the big money donors love him. And he's performing. Plus, another coming up behind. So it looks like Eason will be squeezed out.

Jmonty71

Banned
One UGA fan asked me preseason about his team. I told him they would be good but the QB was slow and like Tech the season could turn on the QB play. His response was Eason didn't want to get hurt for his #1 draft pick. I bit my tongue so hard it bled. What a typical over evaluation.

UGA is good. Very good defense and hoard of running backs. Receivers appear improved. QB is still young despite early success and Eason may be transferring to playing with Dedrick Mills at the Gateway school.

Must admit their defense is scary good but our offense may be just the type to frustrate them. On offense you have to stop their run. If both teams can keep it up, may be a big game.
I think Ugag will hit a brick wall in the UF game. It's been proven, if you can make Ugag on dimensional and take the run away, the passing game tends to suffer. If I was a DC, I would load the box and take my chances with Fromm... I think you'll see teams do this. Miss State had a horrible defensive scheme against Ugag.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Their freshman running back looks to be very good. One thing about them, no matter what other issues they have, they always seem to be stacked at that position. it's a long time until COFH, but they were impressive last night on both sides. Their running game certainly helps when you have a true FR QB.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
There defense is scary good this year. Didn't see much of the game so I can't comment on UGAs offense but they got a god chance for at least 10 wins this year

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We don't know how good they are or aren't at this point in the season, even defensively. They've played frauds so far.

How many times do people have to be fooled by MissSt, btw? Stahhp buying in on those clowns.

Eta: And another thing. .. why do we need a UGA update on our main board anyways.

Last edited:

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
We don't know how good they are or aren't at this point in the season, even defensively. They've played frauds so far.
How many times do people have to be fooled by MissSt, btw? Stahhp buying in on those clowns.

Agreed. If MsSt had not destroyed LSU nobody outside of Athens would care. UGA looked good, but they are already reving up the hypetrain as they look down the SECe. Who's going to challenge them? FL, TN, SCar ?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Agreed. If MsSt had not destroyed LSU nobody outside of Athens would care. UGA looked good, but they are already reving up the hypetrain as they look down the SECe. Who's going to challenge them? FL, TN, SCar ?

This.

The most we can say is they've got athletes on defense and some good running backs. Well, that's been the case for 30 years so .... so?

Also, lemme let y'all in on a secret. Nobody in the SEC east has a good offense. In fact, most offenses UGA will face will top out at mediocre at best. IOW, their D will look epic pretty much all season so ... so?

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

LSU barely beat cuse. Miss St was way over-rated. That being said the little bit of the game I did watch I never saw any bad tackling. Their defense looks well coached (At least for a standard offense).

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Eta: And another thing. .. why do we need a UGA update on our main board anyways.
Good point. I have watched us 3 times (twice in person) destroy MState and one was against the Dallas QB when they had been rated #1 during the year. LSU did not look like world beaters last night against Syracuse. USCe pulled miracle to beat LaTech. UF made Kentucky look good. The SECleast may not be very good.

What's wrong with a UGA update? Got to monitor the scumbags.

I think Ugag will hit a brick wall in the UF game. It's been proven, if you can make Ugag on dimensional and take the run away, the passing game tends to suffer. If I was a DC, I would load the box and take my chances with Fromm... I think you'll see teams do this. Miss State had a horrible defensive scheme against Ugag.

I still think Georgia figures out a way to lose three games. I thought Miss State would hang with them, tho.

We need the update because we are football fans. And being Tech football fans, we are obsessed with whatever is happening with our main rival.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
They go to Tenn. next week. Very impressed with the UGA defense last night. Maybe the Vols get it cranked up next week at home, but that defense looked very fast, and were very physical. I trust that CPJ can counter that speed. Not sure that Butch can.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
They go to Tenn. next week. Very impressed with the UGA defense last night. Maybe the Vols get it cranked up next week at home, but that defense looked very fast, and were very physical. I trust that CPJ can counter that speed. Not sure that Butch can.
I think Tennessee at this point will lose to UGAG(Hope I'm wrong),Alabama and LSU and probably be in the Belk Bowl against Duke or in the Liberty Bowl against Kansas State.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always got one eye on the Bulldogs. I'm fine with a discussion with like-minded folks.

My take is that most years, between now and game day with them, each team will play a game or two which will make it seem like they can't lose. And we'll each play a game or two where it will look like they can't possibly win.

The Dog defense did look very good last night, but it's hard to say how a defense will look against our offense. Most years PJ figures out something that works against them. I am encouraged about the idea of facing them with a better defense than we usually have, but it's early yet to really know that.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
The way things are looking right now, UGA is much better than Tech. With that said, COFH is almost always close regardless of how good each team looks throughout the year. They beat us on raw talent but if Marshall can develop some, the offensive line starts picking it up a little bit, and we start forcing turnovers it could easily be a Tech win. Regardless, should be a fun game.