UGA (2nd of 3)

Lagrangejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got back from the game. Mercifully left after the 7th. Some random thoughts:

1. Crowd wasn't terrible for a rescheduled game. Not up to what GT/UGA games at the Rusty C used to be, but not bad numbers. Not a lot of energy, though.
2. I thought it was pretty obvious that Hurter should've been pulled after 5. He gave up some hard hit balls and a dinger in the 5th. He did great up to that point, but Hall was obviously sticking with him in the 6th come hell or high water, even though he was obviously struggling (gave up a HBP on 1-2 count, for example).
3. To the contrary, I guess the bullpen gave up 4 runs in 3 innings after that, so I guess we just don't have any good options back there.
4. English has been great this year, but his AB with 2 on in the 5th was uuuuugly.
5. We are now RPI #49 and 5-13 against the RPI top 50. It's pretty obvious to me this isn't an NCAAT team.

Time to sink into apathy. Wake me up when we get a new coaching staff.

Deleted member 2897

Joey Bart deserves everything good that is coming to him. He's the real deal. All the tools. Just caught 9 innings & legged out a 2-out swinging bunt for a single in B9 with a 6-run deficit. Credit to him & his approach.

Leave it to Fred. We’re all drowning in a neck high pool of fecal depression. But Fred reaches down into the mess and pulls out a piece of candy still inside its wrapper and discovers when he opens it that it’s still pristine.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Who gives a crap about the NCAAT?

Just another loss to scumbag ugag.

The administration, to include TStan, have a massive, goalless mentality.

They are constantly looking for the easiest way to proceed, when what is necessary is just sitting there staring them in their dumbazz faces.

No pride, no sense of what is required to truly build GTAA.

Snake oil salesmen par excellence. Always talking a good game when they really are afraid to succeed.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't watch the game hoping it would change the team's luck. Didn't work.

But I'm happier just seeing we lost and not looking at the sausage making of how.

We have a lot of good guys on our team. Hope they all graduate or get drafted (and then graduate later like Calvin.)

65Jacket

GT Athlete
THis team can't win a game unless it has a 5 run lead when the starter is removed. Our bullpen is dead,who recruited those guys anyway. The only decent one is a walk on.
Heck, the pitchers and first basemen can never got together on who is to cover the bag on a bunt. And the left fielder misses a routine fly ball. The quicker this season ends, the less painful it will be, because we can't play at all away from home.