UGA (2nd of 3)

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Guarantee they will have way more fans than us at the game. The fan base at Russ Chandler has gone down hill just like Coaching staff.

Deleted member 2897

This feels very much like the last 2-3 years of the Hewitt regime to me, when empty arenas were the only way to get the GTAA to finally make a move.

I know its a completely different sport, but as I have said before, I liken Danny Hall to Bobby Bowden. Bobby Bowden was at FSU for over 30 years. Tons and tons of years of 10+ wins, including 14 years in a row with 10+ wins at one point. But then in 2006 he went 6-6 in the regular season. Then 7-5. 8-4. 6-6 (and 2 of those 6 wins were gotten in the last minute against a Jacksonville State FCS team and a 2-win Maryland team). And that was it. He was a lion and an icon at FSU, so even though he had a completely unacceptable year (for them) in 2006, they gave him a few years. But then that was it. The reporting was he was basically fired, but they all got together and amicably agreed to simply part ways and 'retire' so there wasn't any bad blood or bad news around it. That's what I'm expecting after this season if we keep heading in this same direction. You give a guy like Danny Hall plenty of run way, so there is no question we have been patient and loyal with him. Then in return, hopefully he gives you that respect back and you part ways without having a termination, buyout, and all the negativity that surrounds that. I would also think that would help you in your next coaching search.

I know its a completely different sport, but as I have said before, I liken Danny Hall to Bobby Bowden. Bobby Bowden was at FSU for over 30 years. Tons and tons of years of 10+ wins, including 14 years in a row with 10+ wins at one point. But then in 2006 he went 6-6 in the regular season. Then 7-5. 8-4. 6-6 (and 2 of those 6 wins were gotten in the last minute against a Jacksonville State FCS team and a 2-win Maryland team). And that was it. He was a lion and an icon at FSU, so even though he had a completely unacceptable year (for them) in 2006, they gave him a few years. But then that was it. The reporting was he was basically fired, but they all got together and amicably agreed to simply part ways and 'retire' so there wasn't any bad blood or bad news around it. That's what I'm expecting after this season if we keep heading in this same direction. You give a guy like Danny Hall plenty of run way, so there is no question we have been patient and loyal with him. Then in return, hopefully he gives you that respect back and you part ways without having a termination, buyout, and all the negativity that surrounds that. I would also think that would help you in your next coaching search.
I have a hard time seeing skip accommodating that theory. I see him fighting to keep his job and not actually doing the right or sensible thing.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Coaches just can't believe they can't turn it around so they stay hoping the good old days will return. It usually takes the AD to convince them it' time to move on. We just aren't recruiting enough quality pitching. I go to a lot of AAA BB games and over half the roster is pitchers. BTW why did Gwinnette become the Stripers?

Deleted member 2897

As usual, our pitching was on fire, but bats were not there. But at least we were in the game. Then we went to the bullpen. Sigh.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm seriously starting to feel bad for the starters. How can they win a game when the pen is an enigma? CDH is trying to combat that by using the starters longer, but it showed tonight that they are going to lose their stuff as the game goes.

Deleted member 2897

I'm seriously starting to feel bad for the starters. How can they win a game when the pen is an enigma? CDH is trying to combat that by using the starters longer, but it showed tonight that they are going to lose their stuff as the game goes.

I was wondering the other day if we need to start using a starter as a reliever. Have them come in and pitch ~3 innings like Wednesday/Friday/Sunday.