UGA (#2 of 3) Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 7PM

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
How does a pissy team like ugag beat GT!. Isn't their RPI like 150 or something?
14 or so games left.?
Can we win half?
Maybe 2 of 3 Chicago
1 of 3 against pit
Lose at SunTrust
Get swept by dookie
Might be southern one last time.
And 2 of 3 from UVA.

I'm concerned we won't.

UGa can beat us because we suck, much worse than whatever our RPI says we are. We continue the plague of walking opposing hitters (I think 3 of the 4 runs they scored in the 4th inning got on base via walks). And we lost by how many runs? For the life of me I simply don't understand how we can not coach our pitchers to throw strikes.

We won't win 2 of 3 in Chicago or against UVa. I expect to beat Duke once. We have a shot at beating Pitt twice. But I predicted much earlier this year we would finish 11-19 in ACC play and have no post-season (certainly no NCAA post-season) and think that will be a reach for us now.

Hall has some 'splainin' to do if I am the AD.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
UGa can beat us because we suck, much worse than whatever our RPI says we are. We continue the plague of walking opposing hitters (I think 3 of the 4 runs they scored in the 4th inning got on base via walks). And we lost by how many runs? For the life of me I simply don't understand how we can not coach our pitchers to throw strikes.

We won't win 2 of 3 in Chicago or against UVa. I expect to beat Duke once. We have a shot at beating Pitt twice. But I predicted much earlier this year we would finish 11-19 in ACC play and have no post-season (certainly no NCAA post-season) and think that will be a reach for us now.

Hall has some 'splainin' to do if I am the AD.
It is ridiculous the amount of walks and HBP that the staff has given up this year and that all falls on the pitching coach. I know that he can't go out there and throw the ball for the kids or show them where to put it, but he has to teach them how to consistently pound the zone in practice. He also has to teach them how to be able to constantly be able to repeat their mechanics which should help in throwing strikes and I've noticed that when our guys start to walk a lot of people, they lose their mechanics a little. If Howell isn't gone in the offseason, then I think Hall is Hall is on a very hot seat next year.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
It is ridiculous the amount of walks and HBP that the staff has given up this year and that all falls on the pitching coach. I know that he can't go out there and throw the ball for the kids or show them where to put it, but he has to teach them how to consistently pound the zone in practice. He also has to teach them how to be able to constantly be able to repeat their mechanics which should help in throwing strikes and I've noticed that when our guys start to walk a lot of people, they lose their mechanics a little. If Howell isn't gone in the offseason, then I think Hall is Hall is on a very hot seat next year.
Unless there's something we don't know about, the last sentence is very true.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
If you bring in a breaking ball pitcher against us, you just as well handout blind folds to our hitters. That is what Ugag brought in as their stopper, and he shut down the top of our line up. We, on the other hand, brought in our unplugger, Ryan, and he let them widen the gap, as usual.
Honestly, do we ever work with our hitters against breaking balls? And, do we ever work on the mechanics of throwing strikes with our pitchers.? We need a hitting coach and pitching coach who will hold these guys accountable for their short comings.