UCLA

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

https://ramblinwreck.com/no-19-baseball-hosts-no-3-ucla-in-top-20-showdown/
Here comes a legit nationally elite team to Russ Chandler. We'll see how we stack up after an up&down weekend #1.
UCLA yet to give up an earned run through 4 games.

Fri-Curry
Sat-Thomas
Sun-Hurter

https://ramblinwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-Baseball-Game-Notes-Week-2-FULL.pdf

I'll make a prediction. They give up earned runs to us in all 3 games.

The last time we played UCLA in a sport, half their team ended up in jail. Lets hope they behave themselves this trip.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-19-baseball-hosts-no-3-ucla-in-top-20-showdown/
Here comes a legit nationally elite team to Russ Chandler. We'll see how we stack up after an up&down weekend #1.
UCLA yet to give up an earned run through 4 games.

Fri-Curry
Sat-Thomas
Sun-Hurter

https://ramblinwreck.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/2019-Baseball-Game-Notes-Week-2-FULL.pdf
Wash out Friday & Satuday and we double dip them on Sunday with X & CT combining for 21 Ks, 2 BBs and 0 earned runs?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no idea how we are going to do. So early in the season so we haven't established this year's identity. Will the bats be hot? Will our in-field not commit errors AND make tough plays? How will our relieving pitching and Sunday pitching perform?

I expect this series will be a good or bad defining moment for our season. Being at home we must win at least one game to have any credibility. Two wins would be great and three would propel us into the top 25 discussions.

Hope for the best, expect less.

Deleted member 2897

0-3: Disaster. Yes, even against the #3 team, as we’re home and they had a cross country trip.

1-2: Moral victory I suppose. Bare minimum to have any satisfaction.

2-1: jump up and down happiness.

3-0: Git drunkk.

I feel like I’m always thinking this way of baseball – there’s such a huge difference between going 1-2 in a series and going 2-1. Baseball is such a crazy sport, it’s just difficult for anybody to ever sweep it seems.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Wash out Friday & Satuday and we double dip them on Sunday with X & CT combining for 21 Ks, 2 BBs and 0 earned runs?
The field is soaked (at least 3 if not 4 inches this week) but there is less than 50% chance of rain today. Maybe get one in today? Line of heavy rain expected to come thru early Sunday morning but the rest of the day is supposed to be nice.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea how we are going to do. So early in the season so we haven't established this year's identity. Will the bats be hot? Will our in-field not commit errors AND make tough plays? How will our relieving pitching and Sunday pitching perform?

I expect this series will be a good or bad defining moment for our season. Being at home we must win at least one game to have any credibility. Two wins would be great and three would propel us into the top 25 discussions.

0-3: Disaster. Yes, even against the #3 team, as we’re home and they had a cross country trip.

1-2: Moral victory I suppose. Bare minimum to have any satisfaction.

2-1: jump up and down happiness.

3-0: Git drunkk.

I feel like I’m always thinking this way of baseball – there’s such a huge difference between going 1-2 in a series and going 2-1. Baseball is such a crazy sport, it’s just difficult for anybody to ever sweep it seems.
I have no idea what may happen either. I agree with @bwelbo ...in all respects there too. Baseball fandom is a mother...

Last season: 25-10 at home.
Only home series Tech lost was the opener. So.... it's been 53 weeks since we've dropped a series at RC. I can type that 1000 times, yet my fear & trepidation remain.

GO JACKETS. GO away rain!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Uhh, if we sweep UCLA we’d be propelled into Top 10 discussions. Top 25 would be a given.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a late-coming fan but it looks like Curry and Thomas will keep us in their starts against anyone. And we seem to have some pop in the middle of the lineup.

UCLA (my lawma mater) always plays lights-out small baseball. They will test our shaky infield.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
They are into our bullpen.

No way we win now.

Only path to wins for a Hall team is a dominating performance by a starter.