Two examples of horrible coaching yesterday.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The only coaching blunder I saw was in the 4th. uncheat subbed on offense late in the play clock and the center judge stood over the ball waiting on a GT sub. None came. Had we subbed, they would have had to burn a time out. As soon a the CJ backed up, the ball was snapped at 2. It could've been bigger than it was.

Thats the only part of the coaching game I questioned. It was a very clean game.

Man we're getting closer to getting back to where we should be.
I was screaming "SUB somebody!" over and over, with a few expletives thrown in for good measure.

There was a 3rd or 4th down play in the 2nd half where we needed 9 or 10 yards and tried to get 40 instead that failed that I thought was a bad play call, but yea otherwise I thought we called a good game offensively. Was really happy we continued to pound them on the ground in the 4th instead of trying to pass to stay balanced or something.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I was screaming "SUB somebody!" over and over, with a few expletives thrown in for good measure.

There was a 3rd or 4th down play in the 2nd half where we needed 9 or 10 yards and tried to get 40 instead that failed that I thought was a bad play call, but yea otherwise I thought we called a good game offensively. Was really happy we continued to pound them on the ground in the 4th instead of trying to pass to stay balanced or something.
Their DL was gassed. There was a comment from one of their defensive players in their post-game presser about how our tempo had them messed up.

slugboy

Staff member

Maybe they were thinking “we like who we have (which didn’t work)”.

We’re getting better at some things, but in others we don’t make the sophisticated moves others do. As easy as that move looks from the seats (and it does look easy and it should), you need that second group of subs ready. That’s the bigger tell, and something to work on. We don’t have a bunch of counters ready.

Their DL was gassed. There was a comment from one of their defensive players in their post-game presser about how our tempo had them messed up.

That play was when we were on defense