Twitter and GT prospects

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I typically just "like" or "favorite" GT related stuff and rarely respond with anything.

I do think it's acceptable to leave generic comments, hashtags, or pictures relating to GT and the player.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No. Are u ok being a grown man interacting with high school kids on this board or not? Simple question. Your initial post suggested in no way you are ok with it. If not then are you going to stop posting?

Or are you only referring to twitter facebook instagram?
It was a twitter thread so twitter is implied. Or more broadly social media. I don't count blogging as social media. There is a very big difference between posting your opinion in an open forum to the broad audience en masse as opposed to stalking a teen on social media and replying to him individually. First of all, the vast majority of our posters here are not teenagers and if they are, I have no idea who they are. Tweeting at recruits, you know damn well how old they are. Again, my posts are usually directed at no one in general. Even the replies are for general consumption. I have only pm'd a handful of posters whom I've known were adults.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
It was a twitter thread so twitter is implied. Or more broadly social media. I don't count blogging as social media. There is a very big difference between posting your opinion in an open forum to the broad audience en masse as opposed to stalking a teen on social media and replying to him individually. First of all, the vast majority of our posters here are not teenagers and if they are, I have no idea who they are. Tweeting at recruits, you know damn well how old they are. Again, my posts are usually directed at no one in general. Even the replies are for general consumption. I have only pm'd a handful of posters whom I've known were adults.

Yeah. Thats how the old generation is and how i am. I dont have any social media.

But this new generation is so about look at me they crave strangers tweeting em no matter what age. Its like so common now no one cares.

You and i find it a bit off. Maybe a little creepy. But i am telling you kids today its an open book. They put it out their specifically for likes and chatter

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yeah. Thats how the old generation is and how i am. I dont have any social media.

But this new generation is so about look at me they crave strangers tweeting em no matter what age. Its like so common now no one cares.

You and i find it a bit off. Maybe a little creepy. But i am telling you kids today its an open book. They put it out their specifically for likes and chatter
The cool content gt is putting out will be shared and shared so they get likes.

This could pay off big time by next recruiting cycle.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Kids today just want attention. Positive attention . they cannot handle negative anything. But crave positive attention all the time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Kids today just want attention. Positive attention . they cannot handle negative anything. But crave positive attention all the time.

Should we really be feeding that monster? This actually is a rhetorical question.

I think @33jacket ia pretty much spot on. It doesn’t appeal so much to us middle aged or older types but it’s definitely a part of, heck the center of, teenagers universes.

You don’t even want to know what they are doing with Snapchat.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Gonna play Devils Advocate here: I can understand those who consider it weird because they didn't grow up with social media, but I know plenty of middle aged guys who use Twitter solely for GT Sports News. NOW, you expect this new age of fans, who are Teenagers and Young Adults (16-25) to not use social media in order to @ a recruit after they've received a scholarship offer?? It's just how it is and the recruits market their brand (Star level, Stats, offers).

As older fans lose interest or pass away, new fans come along and so does a heavy influence of social media. It's just how we've evolved as a society.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Should we really be feeding that monster? This actually is a rhetorical question.

I think @33jacket ia pretty much spot on. It doesn’t appeal so much to us middle aged or older types but it’s definitely a part of, heck the center of, teenagers universes.

You don’t even want to know what they are doing with Snapchat.

Oh I know. I know a few guys on other teams. We are talking sexual acts, and other things on snapchat. Kids want other people to see EVERYTHING they do. It's a way to show off "conquests". I find it disgusting, but it happens, and often.

GT_EE78

Banned
never seen so much graphics as in this cycle. putting a kid in school gear (even when there's an offer out to him)in a meme or gif is getting very creepy.
The same creepy one gets copied over and over . A kid in a uniform first huffs and puffs , then either crosses his arms or points. No doubt many wre embarrassed by such.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
never seen so much graphics as in this cycle. putting a kid in school gear (even when there's an offer out to him)in a meme or gif is getting very creepy.
The same creepy one gets copied over and over . A kid in a uniform first huffs and puffs , then either crosses his arms or points. No doubt many wre embarrassed by such.
Do you mean like a kid having the GT uniform Photoshopped onto his highschool uni??

GT_EE78

Banned
Do you mean like a kid having the GT uniform Photoshopped onto his highschool uni??
darn technical question must mean your a millenial. I have no idea how they're produced. most of the ones i saw included motion so I dunno if thats like photoshopping on a photo. I'm fine with that GT uni onto the HS for one who's signed . I can only guess that the folks who produce them would be required by law to get consent before putting it online in social media for potential recruits ..

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
darn technical question must mean your a millenial. I have no idea how they're produced. most of the ones i saw included motion so I dunno if thats like photoshopping on a photo. I'm fine with that GT uni onto the HS for one who's signed . I can only guess that the folks who produce them would be required by law to get consent before putting it online in social media for potential recruits ..
I am a Millennial and proud of it! :) And just so you're aware, the recruits specifically ask for edits and to try on the uniforms on official visits :) you would know if you had Twitter lol

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
ha, so are my kids. If they're the ones requesting and posting them then it's all good.. i don't use twitter but links to that is where i saw them

Yeah, they want gifs and videos of them in the uniforms. I would go as far as saying a good amount of recruits may base the school they pick on how much they invested in them. Making "cool" pictures of them in the schools uniform and cool edits. It's becoming a kiss a$$ show for recruiting. These kids basically think they are gods gift to football. Unless a school is genuinely going to worship them, then they lose interest. These kids want edited photos and attention like I have never seen.

I'm sure I would want the same, but wouldn't feel butthurt if a school spent more time talking or writing to me than making pictures.

Collins has it down where his staff does it all. If we want to win, this will be essential going forward with this generation Z or whatever they are.